Happy May, 4word women! Check out this week’s favorite articles, video and pin!
- MAKE MEETINGS NOT BORING: Marla Tabaka with Inc. shares a list of seven things anyone can do to turn meetings into something everyone gets excited about instead of dreading.
- AMERICANS ARE MOVING LESS: Richard Florida with The Atlantic investigates why Americans are moving less (under 12% moved last year), and the answer is simple yet worrisome.
- EMPOWERING WOMEN: Adva Saldinger with Devex argues that companies that want to be more successful need to focus themselves on one simple idea: empower women.
- SCAPPLE: Justin Pott with Make Use Of reviews Scrapple, one of the latest note-taking apps for Windows and Mac, and offers some potential uses for it beyond its standard “mind mapping” function.
- STOP IDEATING: Tom Agan argues on The Harvard Business Review blog that having too many new ideas might actually be detrimental to you and your company in the long run.
Video of the Week
It’s natural to be excited about graduating, but this Davenport University graduate’s joyous display turned into something more: a good laugh.
- You Can’t Have Equal Pay Without Equal Opportunity – Jan Sharry with The Huffington Post delves a step deeper into the “equal pay” argument by suggesting that women have to take certain steps to ensure not just equal pay but also equal employment opportunities.
- The Best Question – Sarah Markley with The Art of Simple shares a tip from her therapist that has helped her marriage of 18 years thrive, and it’s only one simple question at the end of every day.
- Sick of Letting ‘Worry,’ ‘Anxiety,’ and ‘Fear’ Define Who You Are? Read This.– Margaret Feinberg provides two simple steps to take to begin erasing worry from our lives.
A Pinterest Find
Planning a graduation party? Here are some recipes that are both quick and delicious!