Happy 4th of July! Before you head out to grill out, check out this week’s favorite articles, video and pin!
- TED TALK: Former 4word board member Linda Lindquist-Bishop had the opportunity to give a TEDx Talk to attendees of the TEDx Traverse City event. Her presentation “A Mountain of Courage” shed light on Linda’s personal journey toward creating Courageous Thinking, Inc.
- DALLAS WOMEN IN BUSINESS: Hanah Cho with Dallas News Business reports on the recent $16 million investment Texas Women Ventures placed in two Texas-based companies, thanks to recent fundraising success from TWV’s parent company TWV Capital Management.
- HOBBY LOBBY VICTORY: Steven Ertelt with Life News compiles pictures from celebrations across the country at SCOTUS’ historic overturn of the Obamacare birth-control policy for companies, thanks to Hobby Lobby’s courageous fight.
- PLAYING LEADS TO INNOVATING: Robin D. Schatz with Inc. lists 4moms founder Rob Daley’s four tips for creating an collaborative work culture.
- ARE YOU AN EXCEPTIONAL BOSS?: Jeff Haden writes on LinkedIn about the 10 things exceptional bosses give their employees. Check out the list and see if you can add “exceptional boss” to your title!
Video of the Week
What’s more “4th of July” than a colorful fireworks show? Well, we found the show to beat all shows. Check out last year’s Guinness World Record holder for Largest Firework Display.
- What My Mentor Taught Me About Being A Mentor – Wendy S. Goffe guest-blogs on Forbes to pay tribute to her late mentor and how he went beyond just enriching her career goals and changed her life.
- You Don’t Owe Anyone An Explanation For Being Single – Julianna with Thought After Thought candidly shares about being a 23-year-old, single virgin who’s never been kissed and the confusion that fact brings to others.
- The Effects of Feminism On Women in the Church – Courtney with Women Living Well cautions women against bringing principles that they might have been taught by the world into the church environment.
A Pinterest Find
Bring the “yum!” to this year’s 4th of July bash with these drink and snack recipes!