Mother’s Day Is NEXT WEEKEND! Did You Get Mom A Gift Yet? 4word Can Help!
Mother’s Day is May 10, which means you only have a couple of weeks left to get Mom a truly special token of your appreciation for her. Give her a gift (or two) that will let her know what she means to you! 4word has a variety of unique and long-lasting gift options, from a spot in an upcoming 4word: Mentor Program session to a 4word: Member Insider subscription to unique products from 4word’s Purchase with Purpose partners and 4word books. Make this Mother’s Day one she’ll remember all year long!
What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
WHAT? It’s Summer?
With summer just around the corner, we’re all dreaming of the perfect vacation. Sandra Crawford Williamson shares four vacation truths you should come to terms with before you start your planning.
Be A Light In Your Office
This week, we interviewed Pam Johnson with Nike to learn how she has tuned her leadership skills to be a light and encouragement to her co-workers.
Mentoring Monday radio show
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show’s special guest was Dawn Atwood, a toy executive and a former 4word mentor. She shared with Rick Tocquigny some awesome thoughts on using prayer in decision making.
Goodsnitch is an app that allows you to honor the heroes and achievers in your life with just a few taps! By partnering with 4word, Goodsnitch will automatically donate $1 to 4word for every app downloaded with 4word as the affiliation. Getting started is simple. Just click one of the buttons on the right to download the Goodsnitch app to your Apple or Android device, select 4word from the drop-down menu in the Affiliation field of your profile, and you’re all set!
To learn more about Goodsnitch, watch the video below and share Goodsnitch with your friends and family!
- Salesforce CEO Takes Radical Step To Pay Men And Women Equally – Emily Peck with The Huffington Post discusses Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff’s recent declaration to ensure that his employees receive equal pay for equal work.
- 20 Things To Remember When Your Wife Is Overwhelmed – Danielle Davis with Today’s the Best Day lists twenty important facts that husbands should keep in mind about their wives.
- 10 Ways to Simplify Your Life – Jared Brock writes on Relevant Magazine and shares ten ways that anyone can make their life a little easier.
TAKE THE 4WORD SURVEY!: At 4word, we want to make sure that we’re doing everything we can to enrich your life and get you the resources you need. In order to help us do that, we need your help! Take five minutes and complete this 4word survey and help us help you!
NEVER REVEAL THESE THINGS AT WORK: Travis Bradberry with Inc. shares 12 things that successful business people have never shared at the office and neither should you!
DOES WORK-LIFE BALANCE EXIST?: Amy-Mae Elliott writes on Mashable about the truth behind work-life balance and what that looks like across the world.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- NYC – PURE Brunch – May 2 @ 11:00AM
- San Diego – Cinco De Mayo Lunch – May 5 @ 11:30AM
- Houston – Breakfast with Debi Tengler – May 7 @ 7:30AM
- Denver – Small Group Kickoff – May 7 @ 7:15AM
- Portland – May Meet-Up – May 7 @ 4:00PM
- Washington, D.C. – Dinner Discussion – May 14 @ 6:30PM
- Nashville – After-Work Gathering – May 14 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – May Lunch Discussion – May 19 @ noon
- Portland – May Meet-Up – May 21 @ 4:00PM
- Columbus – After Work Discussion – May 21 @ 5:00PM
- Seattle – Coffee Hour – May 31 @ 12:00PM
- Portland – June Meet-Up – June 4 @ 4:00PM
- Chicago – June Leader Gathering – June 17 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Video of the Week
GE and Jimmy Fallon often highlight some amazing kid inventors from across the country. Check out these three amazing kiddos and their ingenious creations!
A Pinterest Find
Homemade dinners are the best but the mess left behind is not. Well we found 21 one-pot pasta dinner recipes that will not only fill bellies but leave you smiling, too.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.
Looking for a new job in 2015?
Know a senior HR person that is looking for a new challenge? There is a HUGE Chief Human Resource Officer position open at a faith-based nonprofit ministry in Chicago that focuses on microfinance in the developing world. There is a relocation package available. Global international experience and experience in leading an HR team are required. Join or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Interested in other jobs like this one? Join the 4word Membership Program today for exclusive access to our Job Connections Board featuring open positions in companies across the country. As a 4word Member, you will also receive special content, a free copy of Work, Love, Pray and the companion Work, Love, Pray Study Guide. Click here to sign up today!
Have You Set Up YOUR AmazonSmile?
Use AmazonSmile before you shop!
We all shop on Amazon. Now you can find the things you need AND make a donation to 4word, all at the same time! By using AmazonSmile, your shopping experience stays the same, but once you’ve completed your purchase, Amazon will donate a percentage of the final cost to 4word. Getting started is easy. Choose 4word as the AmazonSmile cause you are supporting, then do your normal Amazon shopping on http://smile.amazon.com/. It’s that simple.
Click here to begin your AmazonSmile session!