Have you taken the 4word Survey? It only takes a few minutes!
At 4word, we want to make sure that we’re doing everything we can to enrich your life and get you the resources you need. In order to help us do that, we need your help! Take five minutes and complete this 4word survey and help us help you!
What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Mom Evolution Revolution
From childhood to teen years, and then moving into adulthood and motherhood, Sandra Crawford Williamson shares how she continually saw her own mother in a different light during each stage of life.
Don’t Wait For Opportunity To Knock
Reagan Cannon, Assistant Vice President for AT&T Call Centers, has expertly navigated her busy work life to find time to invest herself in other areas of life. See how she made time and how you can too.
Mentoring Monday radio show
Listen to Danielle B. Myers on Life Lessons with Rick Tocquigny as they discuss the “jolt effect” on this week’s Mentoring Monday.
Goodsnitch is an app that allows you to honor the heroes and achievers in your life with just a few taps! By partnering with 4word, Goodsnitch will automatically donate $1 to 4word for every app downloaded with 4word as the affiliation. Getting started is simple. Just click one of the buttons on the right to download the Goodsnitch app to your Apple or Android device, select 4word from the drop-down menu in the Affiliation field of your profile, and you’re all set!
To learn more about Goodsnitch, watch the video below and share Goodsnitch with your friends and family!
- Stalled Pay Is Clobbering Work-Life Balance – Kimberly Weisul with Inc. examines a recent survey that shows that wages are one of the main issues plaguing work-life balance.
- How to Cope With the Stress of Being a New Mother and an Entrepreneur – Maria Russo writes on Inc. about Sashka Rothchild, a new mother fighting to balance life as a parent with her life as a business woman.
- Should We Be Saying ‘It’s a God Thing’? – Shane Pruitt writes on Relevant Magazine and reminds Christians that God’s sovereignty includes both the good times and the bad.
APPLY FOR THE UPCOMING 4WORD: MENTOR PROGRAM SESSION!: Having someone in your career corner can be the difference between staying where you are and reaching that dream job you’ve wanted for years. Join the 4word: Mentor Program and let us do the hard work of finding you a mentor that fits your needs. All you have to do is apply by May 29th!
WOMEN IN BUSINESS: LIZ FORKIN BOHANNON: Laura Dunn with The Huffington Post interviews Sseko Designs founder Liz Forkin Bohannon and asks what has led her to become the leader she is today.
DO YOU HAVE “DIGITAL EYE STRAIN?”: Amy-May Elliott with Mashable shares tips for relieving a case of digital eye strain, an up-and-coming ailment that affects the majority of us spending an average of nine hours a day glued to our devices.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Tulsa – May Lunch Discussion – May 19 @ noon
- Portland – May Meet-Up – May 21 @ 4:00PM
- Columbus – After Work Discussion – May 21 @ 5:00PM
- Los Angeles – After Work Dinner – May 22 @ 6:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – May 25 @ 5:30PM
- San Diego – May Gathering – May 26 @ 7:00PM
- Dallas – May Yoga Pant Coffee – May 30 @ 9:00AM
- Seattle – Coffee Hour – May 31 @ 12:00PM
- Portland – June Meet-Up – June 4 @ 4:00PM
- Chicago – June Leader Gathering – June 17 @ noon
- Dallas – Member-Only Event – June 24 @ 6:00PM
- Houston – Girl’s Night Out – June 25 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Video of the Week
Buzzfeed visited a California Target to see just how different the prices were for products that both men and women purchase. What they found was interesting. What do you pay for your everyday essentials?
A Pinterest Find
Who doesn’t love a good snack? Well, we found a yummy snack bar that easy to make AND good for you. Nope, we aren’t kidding.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.
Looking for a new job in 2015?
Know a senior HR person that is looking for a new challenge? There is a HUGE Chief Human Resource Officer position open at a faith-based nonprofit ministry in Chicago that focuses on microfinance in the developing world. There is a relocation package available. Global international experience and experience in leading an HR team are required. Join or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Interested in other jobs like this one? Join the 4word Membership Program today for exclusive access to our Job Connections Board featuring open positions in companies across the country. As a 4word Member, you will also receive special content, a free copy of Work, Love, Pray and the companion Work, Love, Pray Study Guide. Click here to sign up today!
Have You Set Up YOUR AmazonSmile?
Use AmazonSmile before you shop!
We all shop on Amazon. Now you can find the things you need AND make a donation to 4word, all at the same time! By using AmazonSmile, your shopping experience stays the same, but once you’ve completed your purchase, Amazon will donate a percentage of the final cost to 4word. Getting started is easy. Choose 4word as the AmazonSmile cause you are supporting, then do your normal Amazon shopping on http://smile.amazon.com/. It’s that simple.
Click here to begin your AmazonSmile session!