Take The 4word Survey!
At 4word, we want to make sure that we’re doing everything we can to enrich your life and get you the resources you need. In order to help us do that, we need your help! Take five minutes and complete this 4word survey and help us help you!
What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Your Careers Are Married Too
Dual-career marriages can be vibrant and healthy, but you won’t get there by accident. Diane Paddison shares 3 tips that can help bolster and fortify your marriage.
Take Life In Stride
As we prepare for Mother’s Day, Mary Goodrich talks with us about the different transitions she’s dealt with in life and how she’s navigated her family through these changes.
Mentoring Monday radio show
4word Intern and Auburn graduate, Avery Dale, shared on the Mentoring Monday radio show this week with Rick Tocquigny. She spoke on “doing it all with grace”.
Goodsnitch is an app that allows you to honor the heroes and achievers in your life with just a few taps! By partnering with 4word, Goodsnitch will automatically donate $1 to 4word for every app downloaded with 4word as the affiliation. Getting started is simple. Just click one of the buttons on the right to download the Goodsnitch app to your Apple or Android device, select 4word from the drop-down menu in the Affiliation field of your profile, and you’re all set!
To learn more about Goodsnitch, watch the video below and share Goodsnitch with your friends and family!
- Surprise! Women trump men on CEO pay – Matt Krantz with USA Today Money discusses the recent finding that female CEOs are now out-earning their male counterparts. Also, click here to read about Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts, the highest-paid woman who’s also a Christian.
- Kids Aren’t The Priority. Marriage Is. – Ann Swindell writes on Relevant Magazine about how important it is for couples to not lose sight of what truly defines their marriage: each other.
- Things to Remember On Your Very Worst Day – Jayson D. Bradley writes on Relevant Magazine and lists five things to keep in mind when your day seems like it couldn’t possibly get any worse.
APPLY FOR THE UPCOMING 4WORD: MENTOR PROGRAM SESSION!: Having someone in your career corner can be the difference between staying where you are and reaching that dream job you’ve wanted for years. Join the 4word: Mentor Program and let us do the hard work of finding you a mentor that fits your needs. All you have to do is apply by May 29th!
ACHIEVE YOUR POTENTIAL: Diane Paddison was featured on the Eternal Leadership podcast and discussed why she believes a mentor is important, how to focus your goals, and the keys to putting fear behind you.
BEST MENTOR = MOM: Sue Shellenbarger with The Wall Street Journal talks about why many professional women become mentors to their daughters as they think about and enter the workforce..
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – WLP Book Study – May 11 @ noon
- Washington, D.C. – Dinner Discussion – May 14 @ 6:30PM
- Nashville – After-Work Gathering – May 14 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – May Lunch Discussion – May 19 @ noon
- Portland – May Meet-Up – May 21 @ 4:00PM
- Columbus – After Work Discussion – May 21 @ 5:00PM
- Los Angeles – After Work Dinner – May 22 @ 6:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – May 25 @ 5:30PM
- San Diego – May Gathering – May 26 @ 7:00PM
- Dallas – May Yoga Pant Coffee – May 30 @ 9:00AM
- Seattle – Coffee Hour – May 31 @ 12:00PM
- Portland – June Meet-Up – June 4 @ 4:00PM
- Chicago – June Leader Gathering – June 17 @ noon
- Dallas – Member-Only Event – June 24 @ 6:00PM
- Houston – Girl’s Night Out – June 25 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Video of the Week
Hallmark spoke with a variety of adults to hear what their mothers meant to them and what they wish they could say to them. You can watch all the videos by clicking this link.
A Pinterest Find
This Mother’s Day, make Mom feel special by making her an extra special (and yummy) Mother’s Day brunch! We found 20 recipes to get your creative juices flowing.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.
Looking for a new job in 2015?
Know a senior HR person that is looking for a new challenge? There is a HUGE Chief Human Resource Officer position open at a faith-based nonprofit ministry in Chicago that focuses on microfinance in the developing world. There is a relocation package available. Global international experience and experience in leading an HR team are required. Join or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Interested in other jobs like this one? Join the 4word Membership Program today for exclusive access to our Job Connections Board featuring open positions in companies across the country. As a 4word Member, you will also receive special content, a free copy of Work, Love, Pray and the companion Work, Love, Pray Study Guide. Click here to sign up today!
Have You Set Up YOUR AmazonSmile?
Use AmazonSmile before you shop!
We all shop on Amazon. Now you can find the things you need AND make a donation to 4word, all at the same time! By using AmazonSmile, your shopping experience stays the same, but once you’ve completed your purchase, Amazon will donate a percentage of the final cost to 4word. Getting started is easy. Choose 4word as the AmazonSmile cause you are supporting, then do your normal Amazon shopping on http://smile.amazon.com/. It’s that simple.
Click here to begin your AmazonSmile session!