What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Diapers and Deadlines: Working from Home
Before becoming a work-from-home mom, Jordan Johnstone had many expectations about her upcoming professional and personal shift. Find out if her expectations became realities!
Female Jerry Maguire Reinvents her Career
Moving from one job to another is always a little nerve wracking. Changing from one industry to another…that’s another ballgame entirely. We talked with Molly Fletcher again to learn about her experience transitioning careers and why she did it.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: Remington Hospitality Services
Location: Dallas, TX
Remington Hotels is one of the largest, privately held hotel management companies in the U.S. As a world class leader operating over 90 + hotels (Marriott, Hilton and Starwood) and over 17,000 hotel rooms in 27 states, our Guiding Principles, key hotel drivers and our Associates contribute to Remington having been consistently recognized among many of the world’s best lodging brands for our operational expertise and guest service results.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Senior Project Manager
Remington Hospitality Services – Dallas, TX
Remington Hospitality Services is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to be a part of a dynamic, values driven company which is committed to growth and has a strong “promote from within” philosophy.
Job #2: Assistant Production Coordinator
Spirit Media – Clackamas, OR
Assistant Production Coordinator responsibilities include the comprehensive management of live and web events; from pre-production to event execution to post-event debrief. This is a full-time position located in Clackamas, Oregon.
Job #3: Senior Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Undisclosed – Dallas, TX
A global DFW company is searching for an experienced Senior Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
Expresit is an app that allows you to honor the heroes and achievers in your life with just a few taps! By partnering with 4word, Expresit will automatically donate $1 to 4word for every feedback given with 4word as the affiliation (up to $5 per day!). Getting started is simple. Just click one of the buttons on the right to download the Expresit app to your Apple or Android device, select 4word from the drop-down menu in the Affiliation field of your profile, and you’re all set!
- Being the Only Woman in the Room Made Me Memorable – Valentina Zarya with Fortune interviews Ambassador Susan Schwab for Trailblazers, a new video series featuring conversations with women who have paved the way for others in their fields.
- Stop Assuming Dads With Daughters Must Be Disappointed – Rebecca Parker Payne writes on Christianity Today and demands that we stop perpetuating the notion that fathers with daughters instead of sons are somehow disappointed.
- Integrate Spiritual Disciplines into Your Workplace – Jessica Schaeffer writes on the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics blog and lists five practices that will help Christians bring their faith to the workplace.
NEED A MENTOR? OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES?: The next 4word Mentor Program session is now taking applications! The deadline to apply is April 22, 2016. Don’t miss this invaluable opportunity to get a mentor and get started on achieving your professional goals.
100 BEST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR: Fortune released their list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Take a look at who made the cut, and congrats to April Anthony, CEO of Encompass Home Health, #69 on the list!
REWRITE WOMEN’S ROLE IN HISTORY: Anita Sarkeesian and Laura Hudson write on Time about the importance of altering the current course of female history.
ARE YOU MORALLY SHALLOW?: Kim LaChance Shandrow with Entrepreneur investigates a recent study which determined that those who constantly text and check social media are often morally shallow.
SHOULD YOU COSIGN YOUR KIDS’ LOANS?: Caitlin Kelly with Money urges parents to exercise caution when approached by their kids to cosign their college student loans.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – Yoga Pant Coffee – March 19 @ 9:00AM
- Portland – Good Friday Breakfast – March 25 @ 7:00AM
- Dallas – March Meet Up – March 28 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Addison Book Study – April 12 @ 11:45AM
- Dallas – Southlake Book Study – April 12 @ 11:45AM
- Columbus – Panel Event – April 13 @ 4:30PM
- Houston – Breakfast Speaker Series – April 14 @ 7:30AM
- Houston – Meet Up Monday – April 18 @ 5:00PM
- Phoenix – After Work Event With Diane Paddison – April 20 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Membership Drive – April 21 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Video of the Week
This looks like a really fun way to dye those Easter eggs!
A Pinterest Find
It’s starting to warm up, and these shrimp tacos make us very excited for summer to be here!
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.