Why should you be part of the 4word Mentor Program?
We know the 4word Mentor Program is a life-changing 10-week experience in which every professional Christian woman should take part. But don’t take our word for it! Hear from one of our mentors:
“What would you tell your 20-something self? What do you wish you knew when you were first starting out in your career? Be a fairy godmother and share with a young woman some of your wisdom as a multi-faceted career woman!”
– Lorie Medina, Mentor
Ready to join the 4word Mentor Program? Click here to apply!
What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Mentoring is for Misfits
Do you feel like a misfit in your professional or home life? Mentorship can refresh our perspective and help us find our God-given purpose – often through unlikely relationships! Diane Paddison shares insightful stories from her own mentoring experiences and encourages us to ask for help, even when we’re not sure if someone’s background will make them a good fit as a mentor.
An Earthly and Eternal Investment
We are excitedly preparing to welcome the next round of mentors and mentees to the upcoming session of the 4word Mentor Program, but know that there are some out there who are considering the program but just aren’t sure if it’s for them. To help you decide, we will be sharing interviews with past 4word Mentor Program mentors and mentees, who will share with you their experiences with and thoughts on the program. Today, we speak with mentor/mentee pair Kristi Tomlinson and Victoria George.
Mentoring Monday radio show
Click here to listen to this week’s episode
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Kathleen Cooke.
- 3 Examples of When Being Cheap Is Costly for Your Business – Carol Roth with Entrepreneur warns business owners to not cut corners when it comes to these three areas.
- Just Because I’m Single Doesn’t Mean You Have to ‘Fix Me’ – Caitlyn Snyder with Relevant Magazine shares her personal experiences with having her singleness viewed as a problem.
- To Be or Not To Be… Transparent – Cheryl Bachelder writes about how to know when to let every aspect of your journey out in the open.
JUST TWO WEEKS LEFT TO APPLY!: The Fall 2016 session of the 4word Mentor Program is now accepting applications through September 2, 2016! Whether you want to be a mentor or mentee, head into the second half of 2016 with a plan to boost your career. Click here to begin your application!
CONGRATS TO 4WORD WOMAN MEGAN WEINKAUF!: Megan Weinkauf was recently recognized as an Oklahoma 30 Under 30 award winner. Join us in congratulating her on this inspiring achievement!
GET BUSY PEOPLE TO READ YOUR EMAILS: Gina Belli writes on Money and shares her tips for making sure your emails are read, no matter how busy the recipient is.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – Meet-Up Monday – August 29 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – After-Work Gathering – August 30 @ 5:30PM
- Nashville– After-Work Meetup – August 30 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Addison Book Study – September 13 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Southlake Book Study – September 13 @ noon
- San Francisco – Re-launch event – September 13 @ 6:00PM
- Washington D.C./Northern VA – Meet-up – September 14 @ TBD
- Houston – Speaker Series – September 15 @ 11:30AM
- Tulsa – Roundtable Luncheon – September 20 @ noon
- Austin – Time Out Thursday – September 22 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Bee Cave Time Out Thursday – September 22 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – September 26 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – Roundtable Luncheon – October 18 @ noon
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – November 9 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Featured Company: United Properties Southwest
Location: Dallas, TX
United Properties Southwest (UPS) specializes in turnkey design, development, and construction of industrial warehouse and office buildings for the ownership of others. UPS customers are primarily owners who are users, as well as investors, such as REITs, family trusts, life insurance companies, pension funds, and individual investors.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Executive Administrator
United Properties Southwest – Dallas, TX
United Properties Southwest specializes in turnkey design, development, and construction of industrial warehouse and office buildings for the ownership of others, and is seeking an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant with Property Administrator / Management experience who has several years of experience in commercial real estate and construction.
Job #2: Clinical Vice President – Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement
Encompass Home Health & Hospice – Dallas, TX
Encompass Home Health & Hospice, repeatedly honored on a national and regional basis as a “Best Place to Work”, is seeking a Vice President of Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement to be responsible for improving quality of care and patient satisfaction for home health, hospice, and pediatric care.
Job #3: Part Time Guitar and/or Piano Instructor
Music with Miriam – Dallas, TX
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.