THANK YOU for Giving Day!
Thank you to everyone who participated yesterday in Giving Day. If you’d still like to donate, please visit our Donate pageand help support the 4word mission!
What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
As working women, we sometimes face ethical challenges, co-workers or clients interested in more than just business, or even hostile work environments. Diane Paddison shares some of the simple rules she created to practically keep herself safe and accountable in the workplace, as well as the Scripture that guides her to trust God in all circumstances and led her to found 4word five years ago!
4word Turns Five!
Happy 5th Anniversary, 4word! As we celebrate how far we’ve come as an organization and what we’re working toward for the future, 4word founder Diane Paddison joined us on the blog for an incredible interview on what moved her to start serving and empowering professional Christian women across the world. Whether you’re new to 4word or have been walking along with us since the beginning, this interview is a MUST-READ on how the 4word community grew from a dream into a powerful reality!
Mentoring Monday radio show
Click here to listen to this week’s episode
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Lori Berry.
- Working Women – Diane Paddison wrote in Two Ten Magazine about how professional women are fighting against what society thinks they can’t do.
- Professional Christian Women Can Have Both a Career and Family – Myles Collier with The Christian Post interviewed Diane Paddison to discuss “Work, Love, Pray” and the dilemma women face balancing time between work and home.
- The truth about bringing your faith to work – Diane Paddison wrote on The Washington Times about how Christians can bring their faith to work with hardly any effort at all.
UNIQUELY EQUIPPED: Amy Simpson with Today’s Christian Woman interviewed Diane Paddison to learn why she started 4word and what she hoped to accomplish through the organization.
HAVE THE RIGHT PERSPECTIVE: Laura Dunn with The Huffington Post interviewed Liz Bohannon of Sseko Designs, who credited her mentorship with Diane Paddison in helping her keep her focus.
FULL-TIME CEOS AREN’T PART TIME MOMS: Diane Paddison wrote on USA Today about how corporate mothers are blazing a new trail for motherhood.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Nashville – Women in Business Lunch – September 22 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Time Out Thursday – September 22 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Bee Cave Time Out Thursday – September 22 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – Members Kick-Off Event – September 24 @ 9:30AM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – September 26 @ 5:30PM
- Columbus – “Touch and Go” Downtown – September 30 @ 7:30AM
- Columbus – “Touch and Go” Worthington – September 30 @ 7:30AM
- Portland – October Luncheon – October 6 @ TBD
- Dallas – Addison Book Study – October 11 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Southlake Book Study – October 11 @ noon
- Oklahoma City – Gathering – October 11 @ 7:00PM
- Columbus – Good Directions Panel Discussion – October 12 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – Roundtable Luncheon – October 18 @ noon
- Dallas – International Panel – October 19 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – November 9 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Featured Company: freshbenies
Location: Dallas, TX
We help our members take the headache out of their healthcare. We help insurance brokers provide a strategic approach to their employers. We help employers control healthcare costs while providing an innovative, high-value benefit to their employees. AND, we make it simple for all to use and enjoy!
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Executive Assistant
freshbenies – Dallas, TX
Are you ready to start fresh? Do you have at least three years proven success working in an executive assistant role? Are you passionate about organizing and managing processes, calendars, people and projects? Do you love serving others? Are you interested in working with a company that helps people save on their healthcare? Are you a customer-loving, fun self-starter? If you said yes to those questions, you might be the perfect freshbenies Executive Assistant!
Job #2: Engagement Coordinator
freshbenies – Dallas, TX
Are you ready to start fresh? Do you have at least three years proven success managing projects and serving clients to a high level? Are you passionate about communicating to help people, products and programs succeed? Do you gain energy from talking to and helping people for much of the work day? Do you also like to organize and manage the supporting processes? Are you interested in working with a company that helps people save on their healthcare? Are you a customer-loving, fun self-starter? If you said yes to those questions, you might be the perfect freshbenies Engagement Coordinator!
Job #3: Clinical Vice President – Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement
Encompass Home Health & Hospice – Dallas, TX
Encompass Home Health & Hospice, repeatedly honored on a national and regional basis as a “Best Place to Work”, is seeking a Vice President of Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement to be responsible for improving quality of care and patient satisfaction for home health, hospice, and pediatric care.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.