Save the date for September 22nd!
On Thursday, September 22, 2016, 4word will be taking part in Giving Day! Mark your calendars now and plan to give on this special one-day event. We will have more exciting information for you as the event approaches!
What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Are You Working For the Right Commission?
How do we intentionally obey God’s call to share our faith with others? Lori Berry offers thoughtful and practical tips for answering God’s Commission as we seek to show His faithfulness to the people in our lives who don’t yet know His saving grace.
Should Everyone Give?
Does giving play a role in everyone’s purpose in life? Bob Buford, founder of the Halftime Institute, talks with us about how he redefined his perception of significance around personal engagement and why this matters for how we give. As 4word’s annual Giving Day approaches on September 22nd, consider Bob’s insights on how we can thoughtfully determine ways to maximize our giving so we can best serve God’s Kingdom.
- Humble and Confident Leadership? Is That Possible? – Cheryl Bachelder writes about how leaders can best learn to balance humility and confidence.
- Who’s Afraid of Her Own Authority? – Tish Harrison Warren writes on Her.Meneutics and investigates why women are so afraid to embrace power.
- Thank You Jesus for the Smell of Pumpkin Spice – Rachel Marie Stone with Her.Meneutics reflects on how we worship through our senses, and how odors relate to worship.
MAKE PLANS TO SEE ‘HILLSONG’ MOVIE THIS WEEKEND!: The new film, “Hillsong – Let Hope Rise,” is in theaters now! Take your family and friends to see this inspirational film about one of Christian music’s most popular groups, executive produced by 4word Advisory Board member Kathleen Cooke‘s company, Cooke Pictures.
IGNITE YOUR PASSION FOR BIBLE MINISTRY!: More than two-thirds of the world has never encountered Jesus. You are invited to experience a complimentary weekend where you will learn how your partnership with Biblica can help make the Bible understandable and available to millions who are hungry for the transformational message of Scripture. Taking place at La Cantera resort in San Antonio, Texas, from September 30-October 2.
WOMEN BRING MORE TECH EXPERTISE: Valentina Zarya with Fortune presents a new study that found women bring more tech expertise to boards than men do.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Tulsa – Roundtable Luncheon – September 20 @ noon
- Houston – Meet Up – September 20 @ 5:30PM
- Nashville – Women in Business Lunch – September 22 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Time Out Thursday – September 22 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Bee Cave Time Out Thursday – September 22 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – Members Kick-Off Event – September 24 @ 9:30AM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – September 26 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – October Luncheon – October 6 @ TBD
- Oklahoma City – Gathering – October 11 @ 7:00PM
- Tulsa – Roundtable Luncheon – October 18 @ noon
- Dallas – International Panel – October 19 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – November 9 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: United Properties Southwest
Location: Dallas, TX
United Properties Southwest (UPS) specializes in turnkey design, development, and construction of industrial warehouse and office buildings for the ownership of others. UPS customers are primarily owners who are users, as well as investors, such as REITs, family trusts, life insurance companies, pension funds, and individual investors.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Executive Administrator
United Properties Southwest – Dallas, TX
United Properties Southwest specializes in turnkey design, development, and construction of industrial warehouse and office buildings for the ownership of others, and is seeking an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant with Property Administrator / Management experience who has several years of experience in commercial real estate and construction.
Job #2: Clinical Vice President – Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement
Encompass Home Health & Hospice – Dallas, TX
Encompass Home Health & Hospice, repeatedly honored on a national and regional basis as a “Best Place to Work”, is seeking a Vice President of Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement to be responsible for improving quality of care and patient satisfaction for home health, hospice, and pediatric care.
Job #3: Part Time Guitar and/or Piano Instructor
Music with Miriam – Dallas, TX
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.