What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
The Millennial Becomes the Master
Jordan Johnstone opens up about parenting her son as a millennial mom. She shares how she has grown in her understanding of what it means to “train up a child” and how teaching him simple lessons now about his behavior and attitudes will help prepare him to be a good employee, co-worker and boss in the future!
Finding Strength in Friendship
Are all friendships equal? Do Christian friendships have an edge over your other friendships? Author Beth Hicks weighs in on the uniqueness of Christian friendships and how you can benefit from them.
Mentoring Monday radio show
Click here to listen to this week’s episode
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Brenda Bertrand.
- The Hidden Power of Humility – Cheryl Bachelder shares the second part of her series on why being humble is a powerful move for leaders.
- Why Letting the Dishes Go Can Save Your Soul – Andrea Palpant Dilley with Her.meneutics interviews Shauna Niequist to learn how we can avoid “fake rest.”
- How Asking Questions Can Be an Act of Worship – Calvin Wray with Relevant Magazine writes about how Christians should be obeying the command to love God with our minds.
PERSONALITY AFFECTS MONEY: Moira Lawler writes on Money and investigates how your personality affects the way you handle your money.
WORLD’S TIDIEST WOMAN’S EMAIL ORGANIZATION TIPS: Lauren Covello with Fortune shares how Marie Kondo organizes her email and how you can copy her.
DRIVE YOUR BOSS CRAZY: May Busch lists 10 ways employees can drive their bosses crazy (if you want to be branded THAT employee).
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Columbus – “Touch and Go” Downtown – September 30 @ 7:30AM
- Columbus – “Touch and Go” Worthington – September 30 @ 7:30AM
- Portland – October Luncheon – October 6 @ TBD
- Chicago – Morning Fellowship – October 11 @ 7:00AM
- Dallas – Addison Book Study – October 11 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Southlake Book Study – October 11 @ noon
- Oklahoma City – Gathering – October 11 @ 7:00PM
- Columbus – Good Directions Panel Discussion – October 12 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Wine, Dine, and Align – October 12 @ 6:00PM
- San Francisco – Speakers Series – October 13 @ 8:00PM
- Tulsa – Roundtable Luncheon – October 18 @ noon
- Dallas – International Panel – October 19 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – November 9 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Evening Fellowship – November 9 @ 7:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: freshbenies
Location: Dallas, TX
We help our members take the headache out of their healthcare. We help insurance brokers provide a strategic approach to their employers. We help employers control healthcare costs while providing an innovative, high-value benefit to their employees. AND, we make it simple for all to use and enjoy!
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Executive Assistant
freshbenies – Dallas, TX
Are you ready to start fresh? Do you have at least three years proven success working in an executive assistant role? Are you passionate about organizing and managing processes, calendars, people and projects? Do you love serving others? Are you interested in working with a company that helps people save on their healthcare? Are you a customer-loving, fun self-starter? If you said yes to those questions, you might be the perfect freshbenies Executive Assistant!
Job #2: Engagement Coordinator
freshbenies – Dallas, TX
Are you ready to start fresh? Do you have at least three years proven success managing projects and serving clients to a high level? Are you passionate about communicating to help people, products and programs succeed? Do you gain energy from talking to and helping people for much of the work day? Do you also like to organize and manage the supporting processes? Are you interested in working with a company that helps people save on their healthcare? Are you a customer-loving, fun self-starter? If you said yes to those questions, you might be the perfect freshbenies Engagement Coordinator!
Job #3: Clinical Vice President – Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement
Encompass Home Health & Hospice – Dallas, TX
Encompass Home Health & Hospice, repeatedly honored on a national and regional basis as a “Best Place to Work”, is seeking a Vice President of Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement to be responsible for improving quality of care and patient satisfaction for home health, hospice, and pediatric care.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.