What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
A Woman's Place in Church
Have you heard the words, “I’m talking to the men now,” when pertaining to faith and career discussions at church? Our churches mean well, but sometimes the fellowship programs offered or preaching style utilized makes working women feel excluded. Diane Paddison shares practical wisdom that helps us better understand where these challenges come from and what we can do to confront them gracefully while cultivating a supportive environment!
Were Men and Women Created Equal?
Would you love to get more involved in your church, but aren’t sure where you fit? Donna R. Patrick shares from her experience in church leadership how we can seek God’s revelation of our gifts and use them well to serve the Kingdom. From being teachable to learning empathy to walking in love, Donna shares a wealth of wisdom as to how we as women can fulfill our purpose in the church.
- 3 Common Beliefs That Can Ruin Your Career - May Busch warns professionals against three common career misconceptions.
- Divorce is Heartbreaking. It Shouldn't Be a Spectacle. - Barrett Johnson with Relevant Magazine warns us against consuming the drama around relationship heartbreak.
- 4 Lessons From a Serial Church Hopper - Noelle Hill with Relevant Magazine determines whether “church hoppers” are shallow spiritual consumers or not.
THE JOY MODEL: Jeff Spadafora, Halftime Director of Global Coaching, has released a new book, The Joy Model, which helps readers understand why they might not be experiencing joy in their lives. Click here to order at a special discounted price, as well as download the first four chapters for free!
LEADING WHEN YOU’RE NOT IN CHARGE: Bianca Juarez Olthoff with Today’s Christian Woman encourages those who feel like they’re always second to embrace their leadership potential.
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR FINANCES: Jill Schlesinger with Money shares a simple 5-step plan to getting your financial life in order.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We'd love to see you there!
- Chicago - Morning Fellowship - October 11 @ 7:00AM
- Dallas - Addison Book Study - October 11 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas - Southlake Book Study - October 11 @ noon
- Austin - Georgetown Small Group - October 11 @ 7:00PM
- Oklahoma City - Gathering - October 11 @ 7:00PM
- Columbus - Good Directions Panel Discussion - October 12 @ 5:30PM
- Houston - Wine, Dine, and Align - October 12 @ 6:00PM
- Austin - 360 - October 13 @ 11:30AM
- San Francisco - Speakers Series - October 13 @ 8:00PM
- Austin - Northwest Small Group - October 16 @ 6:00PM
- Tulsa - Roundtable Luncheon - October 18 @ noon
- Washington D.C./N. Va - Meetup - October 18 @ 7:30PM
- Dallas - International Panel - October 19 @ 6:30PM
- Portland - Members Only Escape Room - October 22 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas - Meet Up Monday - October 24 @ 5:30PM
- San Diego - Gathering - October 28 @ 11:30AM
- Austin - Quarterly City-Wide Gathering - November 9 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago - Evening Fellowship - November 9 @ 7:00PM
- Portland - November Luncheon - November 10 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you're given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Featured Company: freshbenies
Location: Dallas, TX
We help our members take the headache out of their healthcare. We help insurance brokers provide a strategic approach to their employers. We help employers control healthcare costs while providing an innovative, high-value benefit to their employees. AND, we make it simple for all to use and enjoy!
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Executive Assistant
freshbenies - Dallas, TX
Are you ready to start fresh? Do you have at least three years proven success working in an executive assistant role? Are you passionate about organizing and managing processes, calendars, people and projects? Do you love serving others? Are you interested in working with a company that helps people save on their healthcare? Are you a customer-loving, fun self-starter? If you said yes to those questions, you might be the perfect freshbenies Executive Assistant!
Job #2: Engagement Coordinator
freshbenies - Dallas, TX
Are you ready to start fresh? Do you have at least three years proven success managing projects and serving clients to a high level? Are you passionate about communicating to help people, products and programs succeed? Do you gain energy from talking to and helping people for much of the work day? Do you also like to organize and manage the supporting processes? Are you interested in working with a company that helps people save on their healthcare? Are you a customer-loving, fun self-starter? If you said yes to those questions, you might be the perfect freshbenies Engagement Coordinator!
Job #3: Clinical Vice President - Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement
Encompass Home Health & Hospice - Dallas, TX
Encompass Home Health & Hospice, repeatedly honored on a national and regional basis as a “Best Place to Work”, is seeking a Vice President of Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement to be responsible for improving quality of care and patient satisfaction for home health, hospice, and pediatric care.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.