What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Image Isn’t Everything
Dress code in the church has long been debated in Christian circles. Jordan Johnstone talks about her transition from a conservative church home to a church that adopted a more relaxed approach. She learned through it all that the “right” way of doing things simply means focusing on our hearts before God and embracing others rather than perfecting an outer image.
A “Game-Changer” for Breast Cancer
Last October, we spoke with the CEO of Concure Oncology, Sandra Rorem, to learn about a ground-breaking new breast cancer treatment. A year later, we check in with Sharon Purcell to see how the treatment is spreading out across the country and what women have to say about it.
- The Important Entrepreneurship Lesson From Jessica Alba and Sarah Michelle Gellar – Stephen J. Bronner with Entrepreneur investigates how both of these actresses discovered a simple reason for starting their businesses and watched them flourish.
- Stop Looking for the ‘Perfect’ Spouse – Dinuki Suraweera with Relevant Magazine explains why looking for the “perfect one” is a dangerous dating practice that needs to be discarded.
- God Called Us to Be Peacemakers, Not Peacekeepers – Stephen Arterburn with Relevant Magazine exhorts Christians to understand the difference between making peace, not keeping it, if we hope to have a positive impact on this world.
IS IT DANGEROUS TO BE A DO-ER?: May Busch discusses some pitfalls to being a do-er, and what you can do to find better balance if you are one.
OVERCOME SOCIAL ANXIETY: Eric Barker writes on Time and lists five tips anyone dealing with social anxiety can use to help combat their struggles.
WHEN TO TAKE A PAY CUT: Jill Schlesinger with Money offers three instances when taking a pay cut makes sense.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Columbus – “Touch and Go” Downtown – October 28 @ 7:30AM
- Columbus – “Touch and Go” Worthington – October 28 @ 7:30AM
- San Diego – Gathering – October 28 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville – November Luncheon – November 9 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – November 9 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Evening Fellowship – November 9 @ 7:00PM
- Portland – November Luncheon – November 10 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Clinical Vice President – Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement
Encompass Home Health & Hospice – Dallas, TX
Encompass Home Health & Hospice, repeatedly honored on a national and regional basis as a “Best Place to Work”, is seeking a Vice President of Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement to be responsible for improving quality of care and patient satisfaction for home health, hospice, and pediatric care.
Job #2: Part-Time Guitar and/or Piano Instructor
Music with Miriam – Dallas, TX area
Students that are a part of Music with Miriam are unique individuals that learn at a pace that best fits their needs and goals. Music with Miriam is seeking two teachers to provide private piano/guitar lessons in private residences in the Park Cities, Plano or Frisco, TX areas (can be tailored to teachers desired location).
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.