Embrace kindness in 2017. Join the 4word 30-Day Kindness Challenge
We all have that one professional relationship in our lives that tends to make us roll our eyes. It could be an overbearing boss, a nagging colleague, or maybe even an intern full of ill-timed questions. Want an 89% chance at fixing that relationship and making life for both of you more enjoyable? Be more kind.
4word is excited to partner with Shaunti Feldhahn and the 30-Day Kindness Challenge, based off of her book The Kindness Challenge. The goal of this challenge is to help you mend a relationship in your workplace by focusing on being kind toward that person.
Starting this Monday, January 16, participants in the 4word 30-Day Kindness Challenge will receive one (1) daily email for 30 days, featuring tips, research, and encouragement as you work to improve a professional relationship in your life.
For more information and to sign up for the Challenge, click here!
What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
No, Resolutions Aren’t Necessary
Have you jumped on the New Year’s resolution train? When making lasting changes in our lives, it’s important to consider our motivations and methods from the beginning. 4word’s Jordan Johnstone shares some points to consider when deciding if you’ll make resolutions for 2017.
Shaunti Feldhahn uncovers surprising aspects of a great leader
What does it mean to practice kindness? We talked with Shaunti Feldhahn, speaker, social researcher and author of The Kindness Challenge. Through her years of research, Shaunti observed that thriving at work, life, and in relationships is directly related to how you treat others. Read Shaunti’s interview, full of practical tips, and join our 30-Day Kindness Challenge, starting January 16th!
Mentoring Monday radio show
Click here to listen to this week's episode
This week's Mentoring Monday radio show featured Naomi Inman.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
We would like to thank our "That's What Love Is 4" Gala and Celebration Dinner sponsors
Lisa and Clay Cooley
April and Mark Anthony
Erin and Bob Botsford
Gene and Jerry Jones Family Foundation
Reliant at Home
Lisa and Kenny Troutt
Kathleen and Bob Gray
Ka and LL Cotter & Kathyrn and David Waldrep
Melisa and JF Denis
Gemini Rosemont & Jones Day
Marci and Stan Johnson
Patricia and Lou Myers
Diane and Chris Paddison
Pickens Ridnour, LP & Trocchio Advantage
Locke Lord, LLP
Tandy and Lee Roy Mitchell
Sue Sullins, Brenda Teele & Wendy Whiteman
We would also like to thank our "That's What Love is 4" Awards Luncheon and Celebration sponsors to-date:
Global Media Outreach
Kathryn and Gerald Tack
The Richards Group
Texas Floor Covering
- Success is Personal - Edith Cooper, Global Head of Human Capital Management at Goldman Sachs, writes on LinkedIn about how she rose so high on the corporate ladder.
- The One Surefire Way to Ruin Your Marriage - Caelen Tallant writes on Relevant Magazine about a fast trip to a ruined marriage and how you can avoid getting on board.
- Awaiting Heaven - Betsy Childs Howard writes on Christianity Today studying why Christians can feel “homesick in their homes.”
How To Crush Your Goals In 2017: Dr. Travis Bradberry writes on LinkedIn with his advice for not becoming one of the 80% of people who will fall off the resolutions bandwagon by Super Bowl Sunday.
Three Companies Earning High Marks For Their Parental Leave Policies - Kate Ward with Fast Company shares a list of companies making a splash in the “parental leave” debate.
Tom Brady’s Surprising Letter Makes Headlines - Jim Denison discusses why Tom Brady’s recent letter to a grieving family should make us question our compassion.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We'd love to see you there!
- San Diego - Gathering - January 13 @ 11:30AM
- Virtual Bible Study - With Lisa Clements - January through March
- Dallas - Addison Book Study - January 13 @ 11:30AM
- Austin - North/Arboretum small group - January 15 @ 6:00PM
- 4word 30-Day Kindness Challenge - Through your email - January 16- February 14
- Tulsa - January Roundtable Luncheon - January 17 @ noon
- Austin - Austin 360 small group - January 19 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas - Meet Up Monday - January 23 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas - Frisco Meet Up Monday - January 23 @ 5:30PM
- Austin - Lakeway/Lake Travis small group - January 30 @ 6:30PM
- Austin - Westlake/Central small group - February 2 @ 5:30PM
- Austin - February Gathering with Pat Myers - February 8 @ 6:00PM
- Austin - Austin 360 small group - February 16 @ 11:30AM
- Austin - North/Arboretum small group - February 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin - Lakeway/Lake Travis small group - February 20 @ 6:30PM
- Tulsa - February Roundtable Luncheon - February 21 @ noon
- “That's What Love is 4″ Awards Luncheon and Celebration with Amy Grant - Dallas Country Club - February 24 @ 11:30AM
- “That’s What Love is 4″ Gala and Celebration Dinner with Amy Grant - Lisa and Kenny Troutt Residence (Dallas) - February 25 @ 5:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you're given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Featured Company: USCF Benioff-Children's Hospital
Location: Oakland, CA
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals have placed among the nation’s premier children’s hospitals in all 10 pediatric specialties, and best in Bay Area in 5. The hospitals ranked among the top 25 in eight of the 10 specialties and were best in the Bay Area in five practices.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Payroll Director
USCF Benioff-Children's Hospital - Oakland, CA
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.
Job #2: Accountant/Office Manager
Undisclosed - Richardson, TX
A growing company is seeking an Accountant/Office Manager to perform the daily financial duties using Quickbooks, payroll and data entry. The Office Manager will also be responsible for coordinating team events, have a strong attention to detail as well as be an independent/self starter.
Job #3: Senior Developer
PennWell - Tulsa, OK
The Senior Developer will help configure, enhance, and support the MAPSearch software and data platform. The Senior Developer will be responsible for interpreting and understanding software specifications provided by the Software Architect based on functional requirements created by the business. The Senior Developer will code and test to specification using Silverlight, ASP.Net, and other web-based technologies. The developer will improve as needed or help design complex solutions with other team members as necessary.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.