Your opinion matters! Take the 4word survey
In an effort to best serve our audience, we have created a short survey to learn more about what you want regarding our digital content. Would you please take a few minutes to complete this? Thank you in advance…we can’t wait to hear from you!
Click here to take the 4word survey!
4word is excited to announcement a SECOND ROUND of the 4word 30-Day Kindness Challenge with partner Shaunti Feldhahn, based off of her book The Kindness Challenge. The goal of this challenge is to help you mend a relationship in your workplace by focusing on being kind toward that person.
Starting this Monday, January 30, participants in the 4word 30-Day Kindness Challenge will receive one (1) daily email for 30 days, featuring tips, research, and encouragement as you work to improve a professional relationship in your life.
What You Missed
I Don’t Understand, God
Our loving God has a way of showing kindness when we least expect it! If you don’t understand what God is doing in this season of your life, allow your heart to be encouraged by Diane Paddison’s morning devotional letter.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
We would like to thank our “That’s What Love Is 4” Gala and Celebration Dinner sponsors
Lisa and Clay Cooley
April and Mark Anthony
Erin and Bob Botsford
Gene and Jerry Jones Family Foundation
Reliant at Home
Lisa and Kenny Troutt
Kathleen and Bob Gray
Ka and LL Cotter & Kathyrn and David Waldrep
Melisa and JF Denis
Gemini Rosemont & Jones Day
Marci and Stan Johnson
Patricia and Lou Myers
Diane and Chris Paddison
Pickens Ridnour, LP & Trocchio Advantage
Locke Lord, LLP
Tandy and Lee Roy Mitchell
Sue Sullins, Brenda Teele & Wendy Whiteman
We would also like to thank our “That’s What Love is 4” Awards Luncheon and Celebration sponsors to-date:
Global Media Outreach
Kathryn and Gerald Tack
The Richards Group
Texas Floor Covering
- What to Do If You Don’t Feel Heard at Work – May Busch talks about how to be heard in the office and how to foster an environment where others feel like they have a voice.
- Singleness: My Only Companion – Ekemini Uwan writes on Christianity Today and speaks candidly about her relationship journey and desire to someday marry.
- Church Is Supposed to Be Messy – Tyler Speegle with Relevant Magazine implores us to consider church as a haven for “messy people.”
A Daughter’s Destiny – “A Daughter’s Destiny: Finding Redemption in the Midst of Broken Dreams” is the story of a mother’s failed hopes and her daughter who sifted through the ashes of the broken past to find a voice to inspire women around the world. In a novelized approach to tell a powerful story, Anita Carman leads readers to explore what it means to define a life, a purpose, and a passion.
The Bible in Presidential Inaugurations – Hugh Whelchel writes about the role of God’s Word at every inauguration.
11 Ways to Make Money While You Sleep – John Rampton lists eleven ways you can fatten your bank account while you catch some much needed Zs.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Virtual Book Study – With Lisa Clements – January through March
- 4word 30-Day Kindness Challenge – Through your email – January 16- February 14
- Portland – Members Event: Voicebox – January 28 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis small group – January 30 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – 2017 Kickoff – January 31 @ 5:00PM
- Austin – Westlake/Central small group – February 2 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – February Gathering with Pat Myers – February 8 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – February Luncheon – February 9 @ noon
- San Diego – Gathering – February 10 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Addison Book Study – February 10 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – February 14 @ 7:00AM
- Southlake – Book Study – February 14 @ noon
- Austin – Austin 360 small group – February 16 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum small group – February 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis small group – February 20 @ 6:30PM
- Tulsa – February Roundtable Luncheon – February 21 @ noon
- Houston – February Speaker Series Lunch – February 23 @ 11:30AM
- “That’s What Love is 4″ Awards Luncheon and Celebration with Amy Grant – Dallas Country Club – February 24 @ 11:30AM
- “That’s What Love is 4″ Gala and Celebration Dinner with Amy Grant – Lisa and Kenny Troutt Residence (Dallas) – February 25 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – February 27 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday Frisco – February 27 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Meet Up – February 28 @ 5:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Featured Company: Comdata
Location: Brentwood, TN
Comdata is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issue of MasterCard in North America, Combat offers on of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. They are always on the lookout for the brightest talent to join our team and take us to the next level.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Account Development Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is looking for an Account Development Specialist-Corporate Payments, to become an expert on generating, prospecting, and qualifying leads that drive opportunities for the strategic sales team. This is a very important entry level sales position for a motivated and ambitious person who is interested in developing a sales career in technology and financial services.
Job #2: Graphic Design Lead
PennWell – Nashua, NH
PennWell is looking for a Graphic Design Lead to create designs from initial planning stage to delivery, adhering to design briefs and instructions, and established brand guidelines. Multi-task various small and large-scale assignments, and to assist other designers in supporting roles when required. This position will act as liason between other designers and clients.
Job #3: Accountant/Office Manager
Undisclosed – Richardson, TX
A growing company is seeking an Accountant/Office Manager to perform the daily financial duties using Quickbooks, payroll and data entry. The Office Manager will also be responsible for coordinating team events, have a strong attention to detail as well as be an independent/self starter.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.