What You Missed
It's Time to End the Pretending
Although Esther Fleece, author of No More Faking Fine: Ending the Pretending, had become successful in her career early on, she struggled to embrace God’s love for her and find joy in Christ due to a painful past that she felt unable to confront. In our talk with Esther, she dives into how she learned to ask God to “meet her wherever the pain took place”, and how that ultimately led to healing, hope and spiritual intimacy.
- 7 Phrases That Scream Lack of Confidence (and Make You Look Weak) - Marla Tabaka with Inc. lists phrases every leader wanting to be seen as strong should avoid.
- Talking with My Kids About Death - Cara Meredith writes on Christianity Today about the difficult conversations she and her husband are having to have with their children, and how they are shaping their faith.
- A Stroke Freed Me to Redefine Beauty - Laura Thomas with Christianity Today talked with former model Katherine Wolf about how a near-fatal stroke altered her faith.
Diane Paddison Talks Women and the Workplace - Kay Wyma discusses with Diane Paddison the importance of women in the workplace finding their “community,” on the Say Something vodcast.
How Pastors Perceive Domestic Violence Differently - Bob Smietana walks through recent facts and studies surrounding how the church handles cases of domestic violence.
Younger Women Find Support in Competitive CRE Business - 4word women (and 4word: Dallas members!) Allison Johnston and Tanya Little were interviewed on NBC DFW to discuss their women’s group, Ladies in CRE, connecting women in commercial real estate in the North Texas area.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We'd love to see you there!
- Virtual Book Study - With Lisa Clements - January through March
- Austin - Westlake/Central Small Group - March 2 @ 5:30PM
- San Diego - Lunch and Play - March 5 @ 2:00PM
- Nashville - After Work Event with Jenni Catron - March 6 @ 5:30PM
- San Francisco - Managing Relationships - March 7 @ 7:30PM
- Phoenix - March Event - March 8 @ 6:00PM
- Seattle - Gathering & Focus Group - March 8 @ 6:00PM
- Portland - March Luncheon - March 9 @ noon
- San Diego - Gathering - March 10 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas - Preston Center Book Study - March 10 @ 11:30AM
- Southlake - Book Study - March 14 @ noon
- Austin - Small Group Austin 360 - March 16 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas - Yoga Pant Coffee - March 18 @ 9:00AM
- Austin - North/Arboretum Small Group - March 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin - Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group - March 20 @ 6:30PM
- Tulsa - Book Study - March 25 @ 9:30AM
- Dallas - Meet Up Monday - March 27 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas - Frisco Meet Up Monday - March 27 @ 5:30PM
- Austin - Westlake/Central Small Group - April 6 @ 5:30PM
- Southlake - Book Study - April 11 @ noon
- Dallas - Preston Center Book Study - April 14 @ 11:30AM
- Austin - North/Arboretum Small Group - April 16 @ 6:00PM
- Austin - Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group - April 17 @ 6:30PM
- San Francisco - Speaker Series with Pattie Harvey - April 18 @ 7:00PM
- Southlake - "Identifying Your Spiritual Gifts" Event - April 18 @ 6:30PM
- Austin - Austin 360 Small Group - April 20 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas - Meet Up Monday - April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas - Frisco Meet Up Monday - April 24 @ 5:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you're given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: Music with Miriam
Location: Dallas, Texas
Music with Miriam equips students to learn to play music they actually enjoy. Music with Miriam has been named Best of Thumbtack for two consecutive years in 2015 and 2016 and the director, Miriam Morales has been awarded the Top Teacher Award in 2017 by Steinway & Sons.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Guitar/Piano Instructor
Music with Miriam - Dallas, TX
Music with Miriam is seeking teachers who enjoy working with children and adults, to provide private piano/guitar lessons in private residences in the North Dallas. Bachelor's degree is preferred and a musician who loves to work with all ages, from beginners to advanced students.
Job #2: Payroll Director
USCF Benioff-Children's Hospital - Oakland, CA
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.
Job #3: Senior Developer
PennWell - Tulsa, OK
The Senior Developer will help configure, enhance, and support the MAPSearch software and data platform. The Senior Developer will be responsible for interpreting and understanding software specifications provided by the Software Architect based on functional requirements created by the business. The Senior Developer will code and test to specification using Silverlight, ASP.Net, and other web-based technologies. The developer will improve as needed or help design complex solutions with other team members as necessary.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.