3 Myths About Living Together & Other Favorite Stories
What You Missed :: latest from 4word
Lyme Disease Taught Me to Give Myself Grace
Has something in life ever forced you to slow down? For Stephanie Thompson-Buttice, it was being diagnosed with Lyme Disease in the midst of a fast-paced career and family life. Read about her fight with this disease and how it caused her to find more balance and give herself grace.
Click here to listen to this week’s “Mentoring Monday” episode!
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Betsy Gray.
Top Three :: stories that work, love, & pray
- How to Be at Your Best More of the Time – May Busch offers her advice for bringing your A-game more consistently in all you do.
- The Three Myths of Cohabitation – Andrea Palpant Dilley writes on Christianity Today and looks into a recent international study on cohabitation and its surprising effects on children.
- Stress and Your Relationship with God – Elizabeth Moyer with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics investigates the internal cause of the stress plaguing over 70% of Americans today.
Take Notice :: our favorite stories of the week
Listen to Diane’s latest interview!: 4word founder Diane Paddison was recently interviewed on Portland’s Mater Dei Radio, where she talked about 4word and her mission to impact women in the workplace.
Transition with Purpose: 4word woman Cheryl Bachelder pens a personal blog on transition, just after stepping down are CEO of Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc.
How Single Women Became an Unstoppable Force in Bible Translation: Kate Shellnutt shares the story of female missionaries determined to bring Scripture to every tribe and tongue.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – Membership Luncheon – April 28 @ 11:30AM
- Washington, D.C. – Simplicity Gathering – April 29 @ 1:00PM
- Austin – Westlake/Central Small Group – May 4 @ 5:30PM
- Nashville – “Rising Strong” Book Study – May 9 @ noon
- Southlake – Book Study – May 9 @ noon
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – May 9 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – May Luncheon – May 11 @ noon
- San Diego – Gathering – May 12 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – May 12 @ noon
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – May 15 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – Austin 360 Small Group – May 18 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – May 21 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – Book Study – May 27 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Featured Company: Comdata
Location: Brentwood, TN
Comdata is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issue of MasterCard in North America, Combat offers on of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. They are always on the lookout for the brightest talent to join our team and take us to the next level.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Account Development Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is looking for an Account Development Specialist-Corporate Payments, to become an expert on generating, prospecting, and qualifying leads that drive opportunities for the strategic sales team. This is a very important entry level sales position for a motivated and ambitious person who is interested in developing a sales career in technology and financial services.
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.