“Smart” Might Be the New “Pretty” & Other Favorites Stories
What You Missed :: latest from 4word
Find Joy in the Midst of Worry
Worry robs us of joy. When we constantly focus on our current struggles instead of on God’s heart for us, it’s easy to miss the loving care He shows and His will for how we are to live. Diane Paddison shares what God taught her through His Word about seeking to live in a way that pleases and worships Him even when surrounded by earthly pain.
Click here to listen to this week’s “Mentoring Monday” episode!
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Alyssa Huber.
Top Three :: stories that work, love, & pray
- The 5 Essentials to Effective Coaching – Marty Fukuda writes on Entrepreneur about how effective leaders break down the coaching process for maximum success.
- Is the Reaction to Smart “Belle” What You Want Your Children to Think is the Norm? – Hannah Anderson with Christianity Today analyzes the emerging theme of “smart is the new pretty” and how the recent adaptation of Beauty and the Beast touched on this.
- A Sweet Example of the Difference Between Grace and Mercy – David Chadwick writes on the Harvest House Publishers blog about the difference between these two “frequently used by Christians” words.
Take Notice :: our favorite stories of the week
How to Communicate Negative Stuff in a Positive Way: Neena Newberry offers her tips for dealing with a negative situation.
4 Reasons You Need a Personal Board of Directors: Paul McGinnis shows why building your own personal board of directors is important, at any life stage.
Why Celebrating Other Women Makes You More Successful: Mikki Brammer shows why replacing your natural instinct to judge with the habit of supporting one another is a step toward being more successful.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – May 9 @ 7:00AM
- Nashville – “Rising Strong” Book Study – May 9 @ noon
- Southlake – Book Study – May 9 @ noon
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – May 9 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – May Luncheon – May 11 @ noon
- San Diego – Gathering – May 12 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – May 12 @ noon
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – May 15 @ 6:30PM
- Tulsa – May Luncheon and Sister Conversations – May 16 @ noon
- Austin – Austin 360 Small Group – May 18 @ 11:30AM
- Phoenix – Lunch Gathering – May 18 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – May 21 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – Book Study – May 27 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Featured Company: USCF Benioff – Children’s Hospital
Location: Oakland, CA
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals have placed among the nation’s premier children’s hospitals in all 10 pediatric specialties, and best in Bay Area in 5. The hospitals ranked among the top 25 in eight of the 10 specialties and were best in the Bay Area in five practices.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Payroll Director
USCF Benioff-Children’s Hospital – Oakland, CA
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.
Job #2: Associate Post Production Producer
PennWell – Tulsa, OK
This is a highly-creative position that serves as the main core production effort for the video production department. Reporting to the (Sr.) Field Production Manager, the Assoc. Field Producer delivers broadcast standard video products, and requires a clear, unique vision for co-developing, and executing innovative video content across the digital platforms that are assigned. This position acquires digital video mainly on location.
Job #3: Strategic Sales Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is seeking a Strategic Sales Specialist to join our Corporate Payments sales team. The Strategic Sales Specialist drives sales by communicating, primarily by phone, with existing customers as well as new prospects. This individual also works directly with team members in the field providing support through administrative duties.
Please click here to receive these impactful blogs automatically to your inbox.