Your weekly roundup :: June 26-30
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “Enjoyment: The Ultimate Source”
As June comes to a close, Jordan Johnstone reflects on this month’s theme of infusing enjoyment into your life. Have you made time to seek joy?
Our work, love, pray favorites
How to Stop Being Undervalued at Work
May Busch addresses how to handle the times when you don’t feel understood or appreciated for your talents at work.
Five Iconic Movie Lines That Don’t Work in Real Relationships
Barrett Johnson writes on Relevant Magazine and breaks down five popular romantic movie quotes that wouldn’t cut it in real life (and one that would).
Sanya Richards-Ross: My Abortion Broke Me; God Redeemed Me
Amy Julia Becker with Christianity Today interviews Olympic gold medalist Sanya Richards-Ross and learns more about her decision to have an abortion before the 2008 Olympics.
Listen to our latest “Mentoring Monday” show
Our latest “Mentoring Monday” radio show featured Ka Cotter.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Oklahoma City – Gathering – July 6 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – July 11 @ 7:00AM
- Nashville – “Rising Strong” Book Study – July 11 @ noon
- Southlake – Book Study – July 11 @ noon
- San Francisco – Gathering – July 11 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – Luncheon – July 13 @ noon
- San Diego – Gathering – July 14 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Book Study at the Preston Center – July 14 @ noon
- Dallas – Backyard BBQ – July 16 @ 5:00PM
- New York City – Gathering – July 18 @ 5:30PM
- North Austin – Happy Hour – July 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – July 24 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – July 25 @ 7:00AM
- Phoenix – Gathering – July 27 @ 11:30AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – July 29 @ 9:00AM
- Philadelphia – Gathering – July 30 @ 9:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!