Your weekly roundup :: August 28 – September 1
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “Life-Giving Rest”
As we wrap up our month of talking about rest, we share a few key takeaways that we all need to remember as fall approaches, school starts, and schedules fill up. Let us know: did you have to let go of busyness to make room for rest this month? Or have you discovered a new call or leading from God that used to be drowned out by the noise in your life?
Our work, love, pray favorites
We Need More Women In Leadership Positions
Carrie Kerpen interviews Karen Quintos on Forbes, seeking her insight into the impact women supporting each other in their careers can have on industries.
When Believers Break Up
Rachel Mueller with Today’s Christian Woman pens a touching article about her experience dealing with a relationship ending and how anyone going through the same thing can see themselves through.
The Counterintuitive Path to Biblical Success
Dr. Art Lindsley with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics reminds us that success is constantly changing and measuring our efforts according to God’s standard is the best practice.
Listen to our latest “Mentoring Monday” show
Our latest “Mentoring Monday” radio show featured Kristi Tomlinson.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Nashville – Book Study – September 5 @ noon
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – September 7 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – September 7 @ 7:30AM
- Seattle – Gathering – September 7 @ 6:00PM
- San Diego – Gathering – September 8 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – September 8 @ noon
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – September 11 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – September 12 @ 7:00AM
- Nashville – Rising Strong Book Study – September 12 @ noon
- Southlake – Monthly Lunch – September 12 @ noon
- Houston – Speaker Series Event – September 12 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Lakeway Small Group – September 12 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – September 14 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – September 14 @ 7:30AM
- Portland – September Luncheon – September 14 @ noon
- Phoenix – Pay It 4word Giving Day & Happy Hour Celebration – September 14 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Yoga Pant Coffee – September 16 @ 9:00AM
- Chicago – Willow Creek Breakfast – September 16 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – September 17 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio – Gathering – September 19 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville – Book Study – September 19 @ noon
- Chicago – Authenticity in the Workplace event – September 19 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – September 21 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – September 21 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North Small Group – September 21 @ noon
- Tulsa – Fall Retreat – September 22 @ 5:00PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – September 25 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – September 26 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – September 28 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – September 28 @ 7:30AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – September 30 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!