Your weekly roundup :: November 13 - 17
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week's blog: "Growing Into Gratitude"
Can we be grateful in hardship? Sharon Purcell, 4word: Seattle leader, shares how gratitude helped her grow and thrive when her life took an unexpected turn. Don't miss Sharon's encouraging story of healing!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
How Open Are You Really?
Neena Newberry shares five “blocks” you may be putting up at work (or in your personal life) that’s keeping those around you from being able to fully connect with you.
How to Recover from a Setback
May Busch offers her “keys” to coming back from an unexpected turn of events.
5 Ways to Stay Close to God During the Busy Holiday Season
As the holiday season gets into full swing, Ann Swindell writes on Relevant Magazine with her list of five ways to keep focused on God amidst everything else competing for your attention.
Listen to our latest "Mentoring Monday" show
Our latest "Mentoring Monday" radio show featured Pat Myers.
Need a short devotional to stay close to God during the crazy-busy holidays? Be Refreshed: A Year of Devotions for Women in the Workplace is available now!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We'd love to see you there!
- 4word Virtual Bible Study - Every other Thursday - September 28 - December 28 @ 12PM CST
- San Diego - Gathering - November 17 @ 11:30AM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church - Sunday Evening Series - November 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin - Northwest Small Group - November 19 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio - Gathering - November 21 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville - Book Study - November 21 @ noon
- Houston - Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study - November 23 @ 7:00AM
- Chicago - Leadership Team Meeting - November 28 @ 7:00AM
- Houston - Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study - November 30 @ 7:00AM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church - Young Professionals - December 2 @ 10:00AM
- Austin - Christmas Open House - December 4 @ 5:00PM
- Nashville - Book Study - December 5 @ noon
- Houston - Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study - December 7 @ 7:00AM
- Dallas - Christmas Party - December 10 @ 4:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.