Being Popular Matters
Your weekly roundup :: November 20 – 24
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “Grateful When You Don’t Feel Like It”
Did you struggle to feel grateful this Thanksgiving? Whatever you’ve faced this week, Diane shares how to choose gratefulness even when you don’t feel like it.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Popularity at Work Still Matters, Whether We Like It or Not
Mitch Prinstein with BBC sheds light on why the popularity game from high school may still follow you (and apply) to your career.
The Secret to Finding and Keeping Friends
Lisa-Jo Baker writes on Today’s Christian Woman with one simple “secret” anyone can put to work to make and keep good friends.
Don’t Go It Alone: The Benefit of Facing Life’s Hurdles with God
Elizabeth Moyer writes on the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics blog about how we as Christians should approach the hurdles in life.
Listen to Diane’s interview with iWork4Him radio
Diane was recently a guest on iWork4Him with Jim Brangenberg, where she got to talk about 4word’s new devotional, Be Refreshed!
Join us on #GivingTuesday and help us reach our goal of $5,000! Your support will help us impact more women in the workplace
for Christ in 2018.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- 4word Virtual Bible Study – Every other Thursday – September 28 – December 28 @ 12PM CST
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – November 28 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – November 30 @ 7:00AM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – Young Professionals – December 2 @ 10:00AM
- Portland – Annual Christmas Cocktail Party – December 2 @ 4:00PM
- Austin – Christmas Open House – December 4 @ 5:00PM
- Nashville – Book Study – December 5 @ noon
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – December 7 @ 7:00AM
- Dallas – Christmas Party – December 10 @ 4:00PM
- New Song – Gathering – December 10 @ 4:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!