Don’t Tell Your Kids Everything
Your weekly roundup :: January 15 – 19
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “How to Master Financial Goals in 2018”
Financial goals (saving, making a budget, giving more, etc.) are some of the most daunting New Year’s resolutions you can set, but can also be some of the most rewarding if done right. Read Diane Paddison‘s advice on money, and check out a free download of 4word Board member Erin Botsford‘s resource “Nuggets of Wisdom.”
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Women in the Workplace: The Benefits of Mentorship
Valerie Martinelli shares some personal and employer benefits of mentorship, as well as how mentorship directly benefits women.
Hiding the Full Truth from Kids Is Often Healthy
Amy Julia Becker with Christianity Today discusses how she handled telling her children about the brutal realities of the world as they get older.
Turning the Tide on Rudeness in the Workplace
John Kyle writes on the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics blog about how we need to heed Paul’s call to be courteous.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Kathleen Cooke!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – Luncheon – January 19 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – January Gathering – January 19 @ 6:30PM
- Southlake – Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – January 20 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – January 21 @ 6:00PM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – “Working Women of the Bible” Study – January 21 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – North Happy Hour – January 23 @ 5:30PM
- New York City – January Prayer Meeting – January 23 @ 7:00PM
- Houston – Leadership Open House – January 25 @ 5:30PM
- Atlanta – January Wine Education Event – January 25 @ 6:00PM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – “Working Women of the Bible” Study – January 28 @ 6:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!