Why The Golden Globes Mattered This Year
Your weekly roundup :: January 8 – 12
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
TODAY is the last day to sign up for the upcoming session of the 4word Mentor Program!
This week’s blog: “Mind Your Own Business When It Comes to Goals”
Are you one of many people who struggle with setting goals for yourself and working toward dreams? On the 4word blog this week, Bridget Mburu shares from the heart about how she has tackled setting goals and keeping focused on making dreams reality.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Someone to trust: The value of peer mentorship
Megan Rogers with the Journal of Court Reporting interviews women in the court reporting industry, including 4word woman Cassy Kerr, to learn why mentorship is just as important after graduation.
This Is the Year the Golden Globes Mattered
Tyler Daswick with Relevant Magazine runs through the highlights of the 2018 Golden Globes, which featured some culture-shifting moments, especially for women.
Why “Character Goals” Should Be Your First Resolutions
Hugh Whelchel with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics encourages readers to set goals in line with their primary purpose, if they want to set themselves up to succeed in 2018.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Kathleen Cooke!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Diego – January Gathering – January 12 @ 11:30AM
- Phoenix – January Hike Gathering – January 13 @ 8:00AM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – “Working Women of the Bible” Study – January 14 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Rice Military Bible Study – January 16 @ 6:45AM
- San Antonio – Gathering – January 16 @ 11:30AM
- Houston – Spring Branch Bible Study – January 18 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North Small Group – January 18 @ noon
- Phoenix – Healthy Cooking Gathering – January 18 @ 5:30PM
- Colorado Springs – January Gathering – January 19 @ 6:30PM
- Southlake – Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – January 20 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – January 21 @ 6:00PM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – “Working Women of the Bible” Study – January 21 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – North Happy Hour – January 23 @ 5:30PM
- New York City – January Prayer Meeting – January 23 @ 7:00PM
- Houston – Leadership Open House – January 25 @ 5:30PM
- Atlanta – January Wine Education Event – January 25 @ 6:00PM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – “Working Women of the Bible” Study – January 28 @ 6:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!