Your weekly roundup :: April 2 – 6
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “Does Being The Busiest Pay Off?”
When someone asks how you’re doing, is your first response always, “busy”? This month, we’re talking about simplicity: in our schedules, our spaces, and our spiritual life. Find out how busy God wants you to be, in this week’s blog.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Starbucks Has Closed Its Pay Gap in the US
Courtney Connelly with CNBC writes about how Starbucks has finally achieved 100% equal pay for all U.S. employees, and lists other companies with whom they join the ranks for equal pay.
6 Ways to Survive the Grief of Childlessness
Chelsea Patterson Sobolik with Christianity Today shares from the heart about dealing with the grief of longing for a child but not being able to have one.
3 Things the March for Our Lives Tells the Church About Gen Z
Daniel Whyte IV writes on Relevant Magazine with his thoughts on how church leaders should use the recent rise of Gen Z when considering how to minister to them.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Kathleen Cooke!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – Coffee Conversations – April 7 @ 10AM
- Chicago – April Power Breakfast in the City – April 10 @ 7AM
- San Francisco – Career Salon with Lisbeth McNabb – April 10 @ 6:30PM
- Southlake – April Luncheon – April 10 @ noon
- Houston – April Speaker Series – April 11 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – April Gathering – April 12 @ 6:30PM
- Portland – April Luncheon – April 12 @ noon
- San Diego – April Gathering – April 13 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – April 15 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – April 17 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio – April Gathering – April 17 @ 11:45AM
- New York City – Winning in the Workplace – April 17 @ 6:30 PM
- Atlanta – April Luncheon – April 19 @ 11:30AM
- Phoenix – April Lunch Gathering – April 19 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North Small Group Meeting – April 19 @ noon
- Denver – Launch Event – April 20 @ 1:00PM
- Chicago – April Luncheon – April 20 @ noon
- Tulsa – Breakfast Getaway to the Mercantile – April 21 @ 9:00AM
- Southlake – April Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – April 21 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – April Meet-Up Monday – April 23 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – Relationship Life Cycle – April 23 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – April Gathering – April 24 @ 6:00PM
- Springfield – April Gathering – April 25 @ 11:30AM
- Charlotte – Launch Event – April 26 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!