Hero Southwest Pilot: Her Life-Saving Faith
Your weekly roundup :: April 30 – May 4
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “How to Tune Out the Noise at Work”
We’re wrapping up our month talking about simplicity by sharing some tips to simplify your life at work and be more focused and productive, because we all could use a few less distractions at work!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
So, What Are My Twenties for, Anyway?
Drew Moser with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics discusses why your 20s are so important to setting up the rest of your life.
Bad Mood? How to Keep It From Affecting Your Work
Jessi Haggerty writes on Career Contessa with seven tips for keeping your bad mood at bay when you walk into the office.
A “true American hero”: The faith of the Southwest Airlines pilot
Jim Denison writes about hero Southwest pilot, Tammie Jo Shults, whose strong spiritual foundation set her up to save lives.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Princella Nunez!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – May Power Breakfast in the City – May 8 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Professional Development Day – May 8 @ 6:00PM
- New York – Prayer Meeting – May 8 @ 6:30PM
- Southlake – May Luncheon – May 8 @ noon
- Austin – North Happy Hour – May 8 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – May Luncheon – May 10 @ noon
- San Diego – May Gathering – May 11 @ 11:30AM
- San Antonio – May Gathering – May 15 @ 11:45AM
- Tulsa – May Luncheon and Sister Conversations – May 15 @ noon
- San Francisco – May Gathering – May 15 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Top Golf event – May 15 @ 5:30PM
- Phoenix – May Happy Hour Gathering – May 17 @ 6:00PM
- Atlanta – Monthly Luncheon – May 17 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North Small Group – May 17 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – Summer Series – May 17 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – May Luncheon – May 18 @ noon
- Denver – Monthly Gathering – May 18 @ TBD
- Southlake – May Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – May 19 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – May 20 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – May Meet-Up Monday – May 21 @ 5:30PM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – Coffee Conversations – May 21 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – May Gathering – May 23 @ 6:00PM
- Springfield – May Gathering – May 23 @ 11:30AM
- Charlotte – May Gathering – May 31 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!