Graduation Wisdom We All Need
Your weekly roundup :: June 4 – 8
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “Why Is It So Hard to Find Joy?”
This month, we’re talking about joy. Seems simple, right? But do you truly feel joy throughout the ups and downs of your days? Read on to learn a surprising truth the Bible tells us about joy.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Are you a real, passionate, faithful woman who would love to be part of a global community of Christian women in the workplace? 4word is currently searching for a Manager of Marketing, Local Group Assistant, and interns! Click here for information on the Manager of Marketing position, click here for information on the Local Group Assistant position, and click here for information on the 4word Intern Program.
Please direct applications and questions to Irrayna Uribe, Manager of Operations and Human Resources, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our work, love, pray favorites
Russell Wilson’s Inspiring Advice to Graduates
Listen to the NFL quarterback Russell Wilson’s advice for how to respond when “life tells you no,” advice recent graduates and seasoned professionals can all benefit from!
Parents: Let Go of Graduation Nostalgia
Jennifer Grant writes on Christianity Today with her direct advice to parents to look forward to their children’s’ futures rather than mourn the passing of their childhoods.
Your Best Years Are Not Behind You
Patricia Raybon writes on Christianity Today with a gentle reminder that God needs willing workers, regardless of age.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Princella Nunez Stringer!
4word is generously sponsored by James Avery
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Diego – June Gathering – June 8 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Citywide Gathering – June 12 @ 6:00PM
- Southlake – June Luncheon – June 12 @ 9:00AM
- Portland – June Luncheon – June 14 @ noon
- Chicago – June Luncheon – June 15 @ noon
- Denver – Monthly Gathering – June 15 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville – Summer Fling Networking Mixer – June 15 @ 5:30PM
- Southlake – June Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – June 16 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – June Yoga Pant Coffee – June 16 @ 9:00AM
- New York – June Gathering – June 19 @ 6:30PM
- San Antonio – June Gathering – June 19 @ 11:45AM
- San Francisco – Meeting with Diane Paddison – June 19 @ 6:00PM
- Tulsa – June Luncheon and Sister Conversations – June 19 @ noon
- 4word Bay Area: Silicon Valley – Meeting with Diane Paddison – June 20 @ 6:00PM
- Detroit – June Gathering – June 21 @ 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs – Summer Series – June 21 @ 6:30PM
- Atlanta – Monthly Luncheon – June 21 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – June Meet-Up Monday – June 25 @ 5:30PM
- Springfield – June Gathering – June 27 @ 11:30AM
- Charlotte – June Gathering – June 28 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Support Foster Village – June 30 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!