Your weekly roundup :: September 24 – 28
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “Purpose Doesn’t Equal Comfort”
We all have a God-given purpose, so it’s time to leave the competition behind. Read this week’s blog to learn what is at the core of every Christian woman in the workplace’s unique purpose.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Dr. Zelana Montminy Reveals Why We Meltdown
Career Contessa interviews Dr. Zelana Montminy on their podcast, The Femails, to learn more about what really causes us to meltdown at work.
How Mothers (and Others) Minister in Disrupted Spaces
Tina Osterhouse writes on CT Women about how moms (or any caregiver) can minister in the small moments in life, often without realizing they are.
What Does It Mean to Be a Strong Leader?
W. Scott Brown with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics with advice on how to avoid becoming (and supporting) autocratic leaders.
Listen to iWork4Him’s week of 4word interviews!
Last week, iWork4Him celebrated 4word all week long with five days of radio interviews with 4word women! Listen to these amazing women share their journeys as Christian women in the workplace. Just click here to listen!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Portland – Social and Afternoon in Wine Country – September 29 @ 10:00AM
- Austin – Hosts Ravi Zacharias Ministries – October 2 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – Prayer Truck – October 4 @ TBD
- Seattle – Monthly Gathering – October 4 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Family Day – October 6 @ noon
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley Monthly Gathering – October 9 @ 5:30mPM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – October 9 @ 7:00AM
- Southlake – October Luncheon – October 9 @ noon
- Portland – October Luncheon – October 11 @ noon
- San Diego – October Gathering – October 12 @ 11:30AM
- Detroit – Monthly Gathering – October 15 @ 6:00PM
- NYC – Gathering with Pat Asp – October 16 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – Monthly Gathering – October 16 @ 11:45AM
- Tulsa – October Luncheon and Sister Conversations – October 16 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – October Gathering – October 18 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – October Luncheon – October 19 @ noon
- Southlake – October Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – October 20 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Meet-Up Monday – October 22 @ 5:30PM
- Springfield – October Gathering – October 24 @ 11:30AM
- Charlotte – Monthly Luncheon – October 25 @ 11:45AM
- Nashville – October Event – October 25 @ 6:00PM
- Phoenix – Lunch Gathering – October 25 @ TBD
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!