New Year’s Resolutions For Christians
Your weekly roundup :: December 31 – January 4
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
The Top 10 4word Blogs of 2018
Goodbye 2018, and hello 2019! Before we go “4word” into the new year, we would like to share our top 10 blogs of the last 12 months! We laughed together, cried together and grieved together. Here’s a look back!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Sign up to get matched with a mentor
The deadline for the next 4word Mentor Program class is next Friday, January 11! Start the year off with a mentor, hand-picked for you and your personal goals for 2019. Click here to sign up!
Listen to the latest episode Just Stay In Your Bucket featuring Patty Ross
Patty Ross, a former Nike executive and now Apple executive, talks about how an early mentor helped her “believe what she didn’t see about herself” which helped her through a major transition.
Our work, love, pray favorites
How to Think Like an Essentialist
Molly Fletcher interviews Greg McKeown, author of Essentialism, on her podcast Game Changers and discusses the practice of doing less but better in every area of your life.
This Dad Booked Six Flights Just So His Flight Attendant Daughter Wouldn’t Be Alone on Christmas
Tyler Huckabee with Relevant Magazine shares this heartwarming story of a father’s dedication to having Christmas with his daughter.
Five Christian Views on Goal Setting and Resolutions
Kristin Brown with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics highlights five top blogs from 2018 that all focused on setting goals and resolutions for yourself.
Listen to Diane Paddison on Point of View!
Listen to Diane Paddison‘s interview on the Point of View podcast, hosted by Kerby Anderson!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Diego – La Jolla January Gathering – January 8 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – January Power Breakfast – January 8 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – January Business Owners Breakfast – January 8 @ 8:00AM
- Philadelphia – Mid-Town/Market East January Gathering – January 9 @ 6:00PM
- Phoenix – January Luncheon – January 10 @ 11:30AM
- San Diego – January Luncheon – January 11 @ 11:30AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden January Gathering – January 12 @ 10:00AM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District January Gathering – January 16 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – South After-Work Meet Up – January 24 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – January Gathering – Kick-off Social – January 24 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – January North After-Work Meet Up – January 28 @ 5:30PM
- Colorado Springs – HAPPY New Year Gathering – January 29 @ 6:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!