Our Community Groups Program is focused on women in the workplace.
“For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” Matthew 18:20
If you are like many Christian women in the workplace, you feel isolated and overwhelmed. A 4word Community Group provides a community where you will find real, passionate, faithful women like you who “get it.” Our organization connects women to others who are walking the same journey. These new relationships are fostered locally in 4word Community Groups across the U.S., through content and resources with a global reach, and through the 4word Mentor Program, connecting a mentee to a Christian mentor who’s walked the same paths you are currently on.
It is a place to find support and encouragement as you face challenges in your career and personal life, as you build authentic friendships with women who share your Christ-centered values. So, who are the women who represent 4word? They are:
- Single women in their twenties, thirties, and forties who often find their careers creep into leisure time and throw life off balance. While the freedom to devote long hours can accelerate a career, access to the wisdom of women mentors and peers who share their values can establish a healthy perspective on priorities for a lifetime.
- Working mothers who love their jobs, but struggle with debilitating guilt at home and work. Their overbooked calendars can isolate them from their own peers, when precious encouragement from someone who relates could refresh their weary souls. Many working moms leave church when ministries don’t align with the demands of a full-time job and child care.
- And Godly, inspirational women well into their careers, ready to explore a new professional challenge or to mentor the younger women around them, and have a wealth of wisdom to share and only lack connection to the women who are hungry for leadership.
The women we meet through 4word share a desire to use their God-given gifts and experience in a professional setting but need very different resources if single, married, or moms; just starting their careers or even decades in. This diversity within our community provides us with a unique opportunity in being able to recognize how God touches everyone’s lives differently and leads us to each other to guide us towards His purpose for our future.
“God has a call on your life, and I know the power of faith and values in the business world. Whoever you are, whatever your work, God places you with purpose. Your skills, talent, and knowledge are his. So is your career. Balance can seem daunting, and it compels our dependence on him,” said Diane Paddison, 4word Founder in her book, Work, Love, Pray.
4word Community Groups regularly meet in small gatherings and large events, providing relationships and resources to help women live out their faith in the workplace where God has called them to serve. They use flexible formats, from more casual-themed conversations to book studies and speaker events. Women within our community groups connect, not just in monthly “lunch and learn” on a weekday, but also over Saturday coffee, in evening Bible or book studies, after-work events, and virtually around their work and personal schedules.
Ready to join our growing global community of Christian women in the workplace?
- Find a 4word Community Group near you or start a Community Group in your city.
- Join the 4word Mentor Program and get a Christian mentor to walk alongside you in your career and faith.
- Follow our weekly blogs and like 4word on Facebook.
- Become a 4word Member Insider and get access to exclusive members-only perks.
- Read 4word’s position statement on gender equity and safety in the workplace.