What You Missed :: latest from 4word
Most of us never have to worry about paying for our faith with our life. Virginia Prodan, attorney, author, speaker, and victory coach, shares her incredible story of growing up in Romania under a totalitarian regime, seeking the truth through practicing law, being led to Christ, and ultimately helping lead the man sent to kill her to saving faith in Jesus. Read the full, compelling interview here.
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Brenda Bertrand.
Top Three :: stories that work, love, & pray
- Do This One Thing to Immediately Become Happier, Healthier, and More Successful – Marla Tabaka with Inc. encourages you to let go of your intense desire to control an outcome and adopt a spirit of “detachment” instead.
- Should I Be Expecting Marriage? – Nicole Miller with Single Roots warns Christians to be careful about expecting God to grant them marriage, just because they desire it.
- Do Pastors Have a Higher Calling? Seven Key Points on Faith and Work – Dr. Art Lindsley with Institute for Faith, Work & Economics walks through seven principles meant to broaden your definition of faith and work.
Take Notice :: our favorite stories of the week
4word Internship Applications Due June 1st!: Does someone you know need an internship? Do they want to learn new skills and grow their network at the same time? 4word has 8 internship opportunities in nearly every department of our organization. Applications needed by June 1st!
The Gender Pay Gap Is Largely Because of Motherhood: Claire Cain Miller reviews recent findings of two studies that connects women becoming mothers with the gender pay gap widening.
How To Talk To Your Children About ‘An Attack on Children’: Jennifer O’Connell shares her advice for talking with your children about attacks like the recent Manchester Arena attack.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Tulsa – Book Study – May 27 @ 9:00AM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – May 30 @ 7:00AM
- Seattle – Gathering – June 1 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – Top Golf Membership Event – June 3 @ 7:00PM
- New York City – Happy Hour Event – June 5 @ 5:30PM
- Oklahoma City – Gathering – June 6 @ 6:30PM
- San Diego – Gathering – June 9 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Book Study at the Preston Center – June 9 @ noon
- Portland – Summer Speaker Series – June 12 @ 7:00PM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – June 13 @ 7:00AM
- Nashville – “Rising Strong” Book Study – June 13 @ noon
- Southlake – Book Study – June 13 @ noon
- Dallas – Yoga Pant Coffee – June 17 @ 9:00AM
- San Antonio – Launch Event – June 21 @ 6:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.