Your weekly roundup :: July 31 – August 4
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
We’re wrapping up the month of July with a compilation of our favorite freedom-focused blogs from the 4word archives. We hope these blogs encourage you to continue seeking God’s freedom in every area of your life!
Our work, love, pray favorites
Faisal Hoque with Fast Company lists five surprising benefits of not working at breakneck speed.
An anonymous writer shares her incredibly personal story on Christianity Today of journeying through mental illness with her spouse and what that looked like.
Peter Markgraaff with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics encourages those feeling like they’re at a crossroads to realize they are never too old to find life’s purpose.
Our latest “Mentoring Monday” radio show featured Naomi Inman.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Seattle – Brunch – August 5 @ 10:00AM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – August 8 @ 7:00AM
- Nashville – Rising Strong Book Study – August 8 @ noon
- Southlake – Book Study – August 8 @ noon
- Portland – August Luncheon – August 10 @ noon
- San Diego – Gathering – August 11 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Book Study at Preston Center – August 11 @ noon
- San Diego – Summer Social and Concert – August 16 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – August 17 @ 7:30AM
- Dallas – Mentor Program Event – August 17 @ 6:00PM
- Northwest Austin – Small Group – August 20 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – August 22 @ 7:00AM
- South/Central Austin – Happy Hour – August 22 @ 5:30PM
- San Francisco – Gathering – August 22 @ 6:00PM
- Nashville – After-Work Gathering – August 22 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – August 24 @ 7:30AM
- Phoenix – Gathering – August 24 @ 11:30AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – August 26 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet-Up Monday – August 28 @ 5:00PM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – August 31 @ 7:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!