Your weekly roundup :: October 2 – 6
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
As women in the workplace, we’re no stranger to the daily plate-spinning required to balance priorities at work and at home. This month, we’re talking about priorities and sharing a few questions to help you assess and rank the different tasks, activities, and responsibilities in your life.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Kit Warchol with Career Contessa dives into the idea of “sick days” and why none of us want to take them, even when we really are sick.
Elizabeth Moyer writes on the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics blog and lobbies for the dire importance of “wholehearted living.”
Sharon Hodde Miller with Christianity Today shares her story of struggling to find her calling and encourages everyone to fight the pull of inward focus.
Our latest “Mentoring Monday” radio show featured Jennifer Spaulding.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- 4word Virtual Bible Study – Every other Thursday – September 28 – December 28 @ 12PM CST
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – Sunday Evening Series – October 8 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – October 10 @ 7:00AM
- Southlake – Monthly Lunch – October 10 @ noon
- Nashville – Rising Strong Book Study – October 10 @ noon
- Austin – Lakeway Small Group – October 10 @ 6:30PM
- Dallas – Fall Fellowship Bible Study with PCPC – October 11 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – October 12 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – October 12 @ 7:30AM
- Portland – October Luncheon – October 12 @ noon
- Austin – Meet-and-Greet – October 12 @ 4:30PM
- New Song – Mini Workshops – October 12 @ 7:00PM
- San Diego – Gathering – October 13 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – October 13 @ noon
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – October 15 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio – Gathering – October 17 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville – Book Study – October 17 @ noon
- Tulsa – October Luncheon and Sister Conversations – October 17 @ noon
- Dallas – Fall Fellowship Bible Study with PCPC – October 18 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – October 19 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – October 19 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North Small Group – October 19 @ noon
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – October 23 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – Leadership Meeting – October 24 @ 7:00AM
- Dallas – Fall Fellowship Bible Study with PCPC – October 25 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – October 26 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – October 26 @ 7:30AM
- Phoenix – Lunch Gathering – October 26 @ 11:30AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – October 28 @ 9:00AM
- Forest Hills Baptist Church – Young Professionals (18-40) – October 28 @ 10:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!