Your weekly roundup :: March 5 – 9
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
This week’s blog: “What Are You Worth?”
Do you feel worthy? How should we measure our worth? While the world screams we’re not good enough, God shows us a different way. Here’s how you can know and be confident in your worth.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Thank you to everyone who celebrated with us at the 4word Gala last month! It was truly a “wild and wonderful” evening. If you missed this year’s Gala, we hope you enjoy this quick recap video! Save the date for next year’s 4word Gala on March 2, 2019!
Our work, love, pray favorites
Women See More Workplace Rudeness from Other Women Than from Men
Phoenix Business Journal dives deeper into a recent study performed by the University of Arizona, which found women are getting bullied more by their female colleagues.
Why You Get Jealous in Relationships – And How to Fix It
Olivia Petter with Independent speaks with Dr. Robert L. Leahy about his new book, The Jealousy Cure, and what he’s discovered about jealousy and genders.
The ‘Bad Girls’ of the Bible Deserve a Fresh Look
Collin Huber with Christianity Today reviews new book, Vindicating the Vixens, which “reexamines the stories of 14 biblical women who are often misinterpreted through a sexualized or marginalized lens.”
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday radio show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Sandra Crawford Williamson!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Willow Creek (Chicago) – Work, Love, Pray series with Kathryn Tack – March 10 @ 9:00AM
- Houston – Rice Military Bible Study – March 13 @ 6:45AM
- Chicago – March Power Breakfast in the City – March 13 @ 7:00AM
- Southlake – Monthly Luncheon – March 13 @ noon
- Houston – Spring Branch Bible Study – March 15 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North Small Group – March 15 @ noon
- Phoenix – Happy Hour Gathering – March 15 @ 6:00PM
- Detroit – March Gathering – March 15 @ 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs – March Gathering – March 15 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – March Luncheon – March 16 @ noon
- Southlake – Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – March 17 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – March 18 @ 6:00PM
- Houston – Rice Military Bible Study – March 20 @ 6:45AM
- San Antonio – March Gathering – March 20 @ 11:30AM
- San Francisco – March Gathering – March 20 @ 6:00PM
- New York City – March Gathering – March 20 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Spring Branch Bible Study – March 22 @ 7:30AM
- Dallas – March Yoga Pants Coffee – March 24 @ 7:00AM
- Willow Creek (Chicago) – Work, Love, Pray series with Kathryn Tack – March 24 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – March Meet Up Monday – March 26 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Rice Military Bible Study – March 27 @ 6:45AM
- Austin – South Happy Hour – March 27 @ 5:30PM
- Springfield – March Gathering – March 28 @ 11:30AM
- Houston – Spring Branch Bible Study – March 29 @ 7:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!