The feedback we have received about this month’s topic of finding your identity and battling impostor syndrome has been so encouraging and sobering. Knowing who you are and being confident in that person is such a universal desire, and yet, we all feel like we are the only ones having trouble embracing who we are and what we bring to the world.
To help deepen this month’s conversation, we wanted to share some additional resources that we feel could help you draw closer to God’s perfect and unique definition of who you are. If you have found other articles, podcasts, or books that have helped you in this journey, please share in the comments below so others can benefit, too!
Articles about Imposter Syndrome:
- Nine Ways to Fight Impostor Syndrome – Ellen Hendriksen, Ph.D. with Psychology Today defines common types of imposter syndromes we face and shares her tips for fighting back against each one.
- Seven Ways I’ve Learned From Other Women To Fight Imposter Syndrome – Author Jessica Bennett writes on Fast Company about why women often feel like frauds, a fact which led her to write her book, “Feminist Fight Club.”
- 5 Different Types of Imposter Syndrome (and 5 Ways to Battle Each One) – Melody Wildling with The Muse exposes a secret many high achievers share — that they feel like frauds.
Other Resources to Help with Imposter Syndrome:
- Marcus Buckingham on Nine Lies About Work – In episode 61 of Game Changers with Molly Fletcher, Molly interviews Marcus Buckingham, researcher and author of “Nine Lies About Work: A Freethinking Leader’s Guide to the Real World,” to learn more about how we can come to value what we each bring to the table.
- Partner with a Christian mentor in the 4word Mentor Program – A mentor can greatly help with imposter syndrome, as they are an outside perspective that can offer candid advice and encouraging coaching. The 4word Mentor Program is a 10-week program that pairs mentees with hand-picked mentors (Christian women in the workplace, just like them!) who will navigate the winding road of life and help mentees leave the program with a solid sense of who they are. Sign up today to join our upcoming summer session!
- Join a 4word Local Group in your city – Imposter Syndrome can be a constant battle, especially if you don’t have a group of likeminded people to surround you in times of doubt. If you are looking for a group of Christian women in the workplace who can be that support system for you, consider joining a 4word Local Group! There are currently 25 cities with 4word Local Groups that meet regularly, so click here to see which one is closest to you.
- Listen to this month’s Work, Love, Pray podcast – Kathleen Cooke joined 4word’s podcast, Work, Love, Pray, this month to talk about finding your identity and how we can look to Esther for inspiration and encouragement in our search.
We know this journey to find identity is a tiring and lonely one, so we hope that we have been able to ease some of that emotional stress this month and give you some helpful tools and insight. Remember, God had a perfect plan when He created you, and that plan did not involve being just like everyone else. If you root your identity on that foundation, you will start to feel the grip of imposter syndrome slip away.
“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.“ – John 15:16
We would love to have you join us for our summer session of the 4word Mentor Program! This 10-week program pairs each mentee with a hand-picked 4word mentor, a Christian woman who’s walked a path similar to yours and can help guide you down your own.
If you’ve been looking for some career guidance from a Christian perspective, sign up for the 4word Mentor Program by May 3!
Sign up to receive our Weekly Blog Email and get blogs like this delivered right to your inbox!