Your weekly roundup :: July 8 – 12
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Think you don’t need self-care? Are you doused with guilt every time you think about taking a moment or two for yourself in the midst of a crazy schedule? Jane McGrath, Senior Manager of Digital Fundraising and Engagement for American Bible Society and chair of 4word: Philadelphia, learned the vital importance of embracing self-care in the midst of a “messy life” and shares her story of finding life-giving energy in prioritizing self-care.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Self-care can be incredibly beneficial to your physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing, but only if it’s self-care that actually feeds you. On this episode of Work, Love, Pray, Enneagram coach Beth McCord walks through each Enneagram type and how each type has different things that make them tick. Knowing what makes you tick will also help you know what you need to keep your tank full!. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
The New York Times summarizes the New Rules Summit with quotes and topics from the numerous conversations about advances in workplace culture.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates talks about dating “rules” from a Biblical perspective on her podcast.
Vivian Mabuni with Christianity Today shares how trusting the Lord has made her life both easier and harder.
Liz Bohannon went through the 4word Mentor Program in 2016 and was introduced by her mentor to a CEO that helped change her company’s (Sseko) business model, which enabled her business to triple in 2017. Liz shares her story here with RightNow Media.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Seattle – July Gathering – July 11 @ 6:30PM
- Colorado Springs – July Happy Hour – July 12 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Journal2Success (Central Dallas) – July 12 @ 6:30PM
- Milwaukee – July Gathering – July 13 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden July Gathering – July 13 @ 10:00AM
- Washington D.C. – Metro Area Quarterly Foodie Friendzie @ Salt Line – July 13 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville – Serve Day at Windlands South Retirement Home – July 13 @ 2:30PM
- Bay Area – San Francisco July Social – July 16 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio – July Luncheon – July 16 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – July 17 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – July Gathering – July 17 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District – July 17 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – July 18 @ TBD
- Phoenix – July Gathering – July 18 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – July Luncheon – July 18 @ noon
- Dallas – Painting with a Twist – July 19 @ 6:00PM
- Baltimore – July Gathering – July 20 @ 9:30AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group Gathering – July 21 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Summer Open House – July 23 @ 5:30PM
- New York – July Gathering – July 23 @ 7:00PM
- Springfield – July Gathering – July 23 @ 11:30AM
- Twin Cities – July Happy Hour – July 24 @ 4:30PM
- Colorado Springs – Summer Quarterly Event – July 25 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Appreciation Event – July 25 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – July Luncheon – July 26 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.