Your weekly roundup :: October 14 – 18
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Life doesn’t always work out like we imagine, does it? This week, author and coach S. Renee Smith-Larry talks about how her life has been shaped by loss. A former model and TV host, she experienced a failed business, being fired and other circumstances that caused grief – but she persevered. Don’t miss the story of her amazing journey!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
All of us will experience grief in some way in our lifetimes, but grief is a special phenomena in that we will all walk through it in our own unique way. Kristin Brown, vice president of communications for the Institute for Faith, Work and Economics, shares her raw and real journey through grief and why she has come to liken grief to an empty canvas. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Lorelei Yang with Fast Company shares about what’s she experienced as a woman working in finance and consulting.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates explains why relationships are a lot like plants, and how the same care instructions apply to you and your loved one.
Seana Scott with Christianity Today interviews Norine Brunson to learn about the spiritual habits that helped her face persecution in Turkey.
4word Board member Pat Asp recently appeared on the Unleashing Your Leadership podcast with Guy Rodgers, where she answered the question, “Can Christian leaders successfully lead in a diverse marketplace?”
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – Willow Creek ONE YEAR SERIES – Work Love Pray | A Gathering for Professional Women – October 19 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Giving Back to our Community – The Mosaic Family Center Experience – October 19 @ 9:00AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – October 19 @ 10:00AM
- Southlake – Coffee & Yoga Pant Meetup – October 19 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – October 20 @ 6:00PM
- Springfield – October Gathering – October 22 @ 11:30AM
- Colorado Springs – Quarterly Gathering – October 24 @ 6:30PM
- Phoenix – October Happy Hour – October 24 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – October Luncheon – October 25 @ noon
- Saratoga Springs – October Gathering – October 26 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Recipe for a Remarkable Culture – October 29 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.