4word community, we are grateful to come to you each week with content that is helpful as you navigate the successes and challenges of life. As we continue to stay apprised of the impact of COVID-19, we want you to know that we are praying for you as you navigate each day! We are grateful during this time to be an army of intercessors praying for the physical and spiritual wellbeing of our friends, our families, and for our world. If you have specific prayer requests, please send those to Irrayna as she consolidates prayer requests for our Boards and staff to pray over each week. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
Your weekly roundup :: March 16 – 20
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Brianna Barker Caza, Mara Olekalns, and Timothy J. Vogus write on Harvard Business Review explaining how managers and employees can manage and rebound from workplace conflicts.
Jeremy Brown with Fatherly shares some of the high-conflict relational archetypes and how each can begin to address destructive patterns.
Daniel Torkelson with The Federalist reminds us of what Matthew 6 says about our human urge to panic.
In case you missed it, catch up on the latest Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Sandra Crawford Williamson.
4word: Local Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Local Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Local Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – North Breakfast Study – March 20 @ 8:00AM
- Nashville – March Gathering – March 20 @ 6:30PM
- Bay Area – San Francisco Partner Event – March 20 @ 10:00AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – March 21 @ 10:00AM
- Phoenix – Saturday Hike – March 21 @ 8:00AM
- Springfield – March Gathering – March 24 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – March Breakfast Group – March 24 @ 9:00AM
- Tulsa – March Lunch Group – March 25 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – Featured Speaker Series – March 26 @ 6:30PM
- Washington DC – March Virtual Meet Up – March 26 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – DuPage Saturday Study – March 28 @ 8:30AM
- Houston – With Inspire Women – March 28 @ 9:00AM
- Oklahoma City – March Gathering – March 28 @ 10:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.