4word community, we are grateful to come to you each week with content that is helpful as you navigate the successes and challenges of life. As we continue to stay apprised of the impact of COVID-19, we want you to know that we are praying for you as you navigate each day! We are grateful during this time to be an army of intercessors praying for the physical and spiritual wellbeing of our friends, our families, and for our world. If you have specific prayer requests, please send those to Irrayna as she consolidates prayer requests for our Boards and staff to pray over each week. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
Your weekly roundup :: March 23 – 27
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
A great way to ward off unnecessary conflict? Setting solid boundaries in your life. Your work life and personal life will thank you! But where do you begin? Jill Perrin, 4word mentor and Executive Coach, shares her hard-earned tips for setting boundaries that make sense for your life.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
H.V. MacArthur continues her series with Forbes on workplace conflict and lists some steps you can use to work through emotional defensiveness.
Shelia Dolinger with National Christian Foundation shares some easy ways you can support your community and foster relationships, even if you are high-risk or confined at home with COVID-19.
Relevant Magazine shares ten timely Bible verses we should all cling to.
In case you missed it, catch up on the latest Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Kristen Stockton.
4word: Local Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Local Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Local Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – DuPage Saturday Study – March 28 @ 8:30AM
- Houston – With Inspire Women – March 28 @ 9:00AM
- Oklahoma City – March Gathering – March 28 @ 10:00AM
- Seattle – April Gathering – April 2 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – First Tuesday Meet-Up – April 7 @ 5:30PM
- Colorado Springs – Working Girls Lunch – April 7 @ 11:30AM
- San Diego – La Jolla Gathering – April 7 @ 6:30PM
- Twin Cities – April Lunch – April 7 @ noon
- Austin – South Small Group – April 9 @ noon
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – April 9 @ 6:30PM
- Phoenix – Happy Hour Gathering – April 9 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – DuPage Saturday Study – April 11 @ 8:30AM
- Chicago – April Power Breakfast – April 14 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – April Lady Boss Breakfast – April 14 @ 8:00AM
- New York City – April Gathering – April 14 @ 7:00PM
- Southlake – April Breakfast – April 14 @ 8:30AM
- Dallas – Monthly Study – April 15 @ 6:00PM
- Detroit – April Gathering – April 15 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – April 15 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – April 15 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – April Luncheon – April 16 @ noon
- Dallas – North Breakfast Study – April 17 @ 8:00AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – April 18 @ 10:00AM
- Tulsa – Breakfast Group – April 18 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – April 19 @ TBD
- Nashville – Enneagram Workshop – April 20 @ TBD
- Austin – Spring Speaker Event “Communicating with Confidence!” – April 21 @ 5:30PM
- San Antonio – April Luncheon – April 21 @ 11:45AM
- Charleston – Interest Meeting – April 22 @ 8:30AM
- Phoenix – Central City Lunch and Orientation – April 22 @ 11:30AM
- Tulsa – Lunch Group – April 22 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – Featured Speaker Series – April 23 @ 6:30PM
- Washington D.C. – April Virtual Meet-Up – April 23 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – DuPage Saturday Study – April 25 @ 8:30AM
- Oklahoma City – April Gathering – April 25 @ 10:00AM
- Springfield – April Gathering – April 28 @ 5:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.