4word community, we are grateful to come to you each week with content that is helpful as you navigate the successes and challenges of life. As we continue to stay apprised of the impact of COVID-19, we want you to know that we are praying for you as you navigate each day! We are grateful during this time to be an army of intercessors praying for the physical and spiritual wellbeing of our friends, our families, and for our world. If you have specific prayer requests, please send those to Irrayna as she consolidates prayer requests for our Boards and staff to pray over each week. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
Your weekly roundup :: April 13 – 17
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Looking for someone to help you navigate your career goals? The 4word Mentor Program is now accepting sign-ups for the summer session. Click here to start!
Emma Sharma, Chief Administrative Officer, General Counsel and Company Secretary of Valiant Integrated Services and 4word Advisory Board member, talks about how to not only cultivate advocates for yourself but how to, in turn, reciprocate and be an effective advocate for others.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
JoAnne Baldwin, marketer at PitchBook and marketing co-director for 4word: Seattle, discusses why she goes into a networking situation with the intent to encourage others rather than simply use them for their connections and shares tips for you to reinvent the way you network. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Kaleigh Moore with Fast Company explains why, if you adopt a service-based approach, you might learn to hate networking less.
Alli Worthington writes on Relevant Magazine with her thoughts on how to break the cycle of “busy.”
Relevant Magazine investigates a recent “State of the Church” Barna study and what it reveals about church attendance.
In case you missed it, catch up on the latest Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Dr. Katherine Pang.
4word: Local Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Local Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Local Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Philadelphia – Fairmount/Spring Garden – April 18 @ 10:00AM Virtually
- Tulsa – Breakfast Group – April 18 @ 9:00AM Virtually
- Chicago – Willow Creek | Work Love Pray – April 18 @ 9:00AM Virtually
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – April 19 Virtually
- Nashville – Gathering – April 20 @ 6:30PM Virtually
- Austin – Heart Connect – April 21 @ 5:30PM Virtually
- Houston – Discovering & Harnessing Your Strength – April 21 @ 6:00PM Virtually
- Bay Area – San Francisco – Gathering – April 21 @ 6:00PM Virtually
- San Antonio – April Luncheon – April 21 @ 11:45AM Virtually
- Charleston – Virtual Interest Meet-Up – April 22 @ 9:00AM Virtual
- Tulsa – Lunch Group – April 22 @ Noon Virtually
- Houston – Virtual Bible Study – April 22 @ 7:30AM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley – Entrepreneurial Mindset – April 23 @ TBD Virtually
- Colorado Springs – Speaker Series – April 23 @ 6:30PM Virtually
- Washington DC – Virtual Meet Up – April 23 @ 6:30PM
- Oklahoma City – Gathering – April 25 @ 10:00AM Virtually
- Saratoga Springs – Gathering – April 25 @ 9:30AM Virtually
- Springfield – Gathering – April 28 @ 5:30PM Virtually
- Philadelphia – ABS Gathering – April 29 @ Noon Virtually
- Dallas – Monthly Bible Study – April 29 @ 5:30PM Virtually
- Chicago – Thriving in Place – Mentorship Gathering – April 30 @ 5:30PM Virtually
- Houston – Virtual Bible Study – April 29 @ 7:30AM
- Palm Beach County – Introduction – April 30 @ 7:00PM Virtually
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.