Your weekly roundup :: September 14 – 18
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
4word is celebrating a “Triple Crown” week of blessings!
2020 has been an eventful year (to put it kindly) for all of us, and at 4word, we are forever grateful for what God is doing through us and through the support of our 4word family. The biggest blessing of this week came in the form of our Giving Week, during which we not only met our goal of $60,000 but surpassed it with a total of $65,560! We can’t say “thank you” enough to everyone who took a step of faith and gave to 4word’s mission, even during a global pandemic. Our C-Level Forum event completely sold out, with 45 amazing C-Level women getting ready to come together at the end of this month to grow and support each other. We also began translating our weekly blogs into Chinese, thanks to the incredible support of one of our Advisory Board members.
Again, we are just in awe of how God continues to work in and for us, and we thank every one of you for the part you have played to encourage and support us!
L. Marie Trotter, owner of L. Marie LLC, coaches all of us on how to discover your voice and how to train yourself to use it in the workplace in a way that positively benefits you and those you influence.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Chinese? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Alli Worthington, speaker, author, coach, and entrepreneur who cofounded the Blissdom Conference, discusses how using popular personality assessments to tap into your personality will help you discover and utilize your most effective leadership style. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Taylor Barkley with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics shares things you can do for difficult coworkers “until the love shows up.”
Erin Smalley with Focus on the Family warns readers about the misplaced affections that might be leading you to micro-cheat.
Andy Stanley writes for Relevant Magazine with his thoughts on what tithing should look like in our everyday lives.
Listen as Molly Fletcher chats with Ally Love on Game Changers with Molly Fletcher about how to keep people engaged in a virtual environment, her approach to tough conversations, and how she’s successfully built a multi-dimensional career. (Molly will be the 2021 4word Gala interviewer—click here for more information!)
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Washington DC Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 9/18 @ 8:00 AM
- Dallas North Breakfast Study Virtual 9/18 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden 9/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Saratoga Springs – Gathering 9/19 @ 9:30 AM
- Southlake – September Coffee and Yoga Pants 9/19 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa – September Virtual Breakfast Group 9/19 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Virtual September Gathering 9/20 @ 6:00 PM
- Springfield – September Virtual Gathering 9/22 @ 5:30 PM
- Dallas – Bi-Monthly Virtual Bible Study 9/23 @ 6:30 PM
- Tulsa – September Hybrid Lunch Group 9/23 @ Noon
- Colorado Springs – Featured Guest Speaker 9/24 @ 6:30 PM
- Dallas – Weekly Virtual Bible Study “Pauline Perspectives on Living Christ” 9/24 @ 12:30 PM
- Palm Beach County – September Virtual Study 9/24 @ 7:00 PM
- Washington DC – Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 9/25 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City – September Virtual Lady Boss Breakfast 9/26 @ 10:00 AM
- Chicago – Community & Conversation Virtually 9/29 @ 7:00 PM
- Houston – An Interview with Author Dawn. F. Landry – ARMORED 9/29 @ 6:00 PM
- Charleston – Virtual Gathering 9/30 @ 8:30 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.