Your weekly roundup :: October 26 – 30
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Lori Berry, co-founder of 4word: Southlake, talks candidly about how she’s learning to use her emotions for good in her workplace and how you can learn to leverage yours.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Chinese? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
On this episode, Lauren, a 4word mentor living in Miami, graciously talks about how the death of her grandfather was made even more unbearable by years-long rifts within her family and how she is working to help her loved ones find unity.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Ellen Wulfhorst with Reuters discusses the potential worrying and noticeable absence of women in the workplace, post-pandemic.
Jacqui Jackson with Focus on the Family shares about what she’s learned about authenticity “realness” during quarantine.
Charlie Peacock with Christianity Today interviews author and Murdock Trust Senior Fellow, Steven Garber, to learn more about his vision for lives marked by greater coherence between our deepest commitments and our everyday cares.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Sandra Williamson.
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
Special Virtual Guest Speaker Events
- Palm Beach County “Get Off the Sticky Floor” 11/5 JOIN IN
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Twin Cities November Lunch 11/3 @ Noon
- Austin Westlake/Central 11/5
- Dallas Fellowship Breakfast 11/5 @ 8:00 AM
- Dallas Weekly Bible Study “Pauline Perspectives on Living Christ” 11/5 @ 12:30 PM
- Seattle November Gathering 11/5 @ 6:00 PM
- Washington DC Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 11/6 @ 10:00 AM
- Chicago Willow Creek – Work Love Pray with Willow Creek 11/7 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin Meet Up North or South 5th Anniversary Celebration 11/10 @ 5:30 PM
- Charleston November Luncheon Gathering Guest Speaker 11/11 @ noon
- Chicago November Power Breakfast 11/10 @ 7:00 AM
- Colorado Springs November Lady Boss Breakfast Virtually 11/10 @ 8:30 AM
- Dallas Bi-Monthly November Bible Study 11/11 @ 6:30 PM
- Austin – South Small Group 11/12 @ Noon
- Dallas Weekly Bible Study “Pauline Perspectives on Living Christ” 11/12 @ 12:30 PM
- Washington DC Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 11/13 @ 10:00 AM
- Philadelphia South Gathering 11/14 @ 10:00 AM
- Phoenix Community Outreach 11/14 @ 10:00 AM
- Austin NW Small Group 11/15 @ 6:00 PM
- Austin Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 11/17
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.