What the Christian Response To The Election Should Be
Your weekly roundup :: November 2 – 6
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Earn $100 for 4word in less than an hour!
During the month of November, support 4word Community Groups by turning your VOICE into IMPACT! Each time you share a brand or product review, you raise $2. It’s free, fast, and secure. Sign up today!
Don’t Be Afraid to Prune Yourself
Kathi C. Laughman writes about how the art of personal pruning could be a helpful tool for emerging stronger after a major life transition.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Chinese? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Listen to Episode 21 now!
On this episode, Elizabeth Knox, founder of MatchPace, shares simple steps to keep in mind when giving in to your “nudge” and talks about a couple of helpful tools MatchPace has developed to help women set themselves up for success, no matter where they are in their career.
Our work, love, pray favorites
4 Ways Men Can Support Their Female Colleagues — Remotely
David G. Smith and W. Brad Johnson with Harvard Business Review share their advice regarding how men can help ease the added pandemic workplace stress many women are currently facing.
The Civil War in Our Hearts
Bonnie Kristian with Christianity Today explains how political division finds fuel in sin that separates us from each other.
What Christians Should Do If Their Candidate Loses the 2020 Election
Andy Stanley writes for Time Magazine with two responses all Christians should take in the wake of this historic election.
Catch the latest Mentoring Monday show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Dr. Amaryllis Sanchez.
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Washington DC Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 11/6 @ 10:00 AM
- Chicago Willow Creek – Work Love Pray with Willow Creek 11/7 @ 9:00 AM
- Nashville Virtual Gathering 11/9 @ 6:30 PM
- Austin Meet Up North or South 5th Anniversary Celebration 11/10 @ 5:30 PM
- Charleston November Luncheon Gathering Guest Speaker 11/11 @ noon
- Chicago November Power Breakfast 11/10 @ 7:00 AM
- Colorado Springs November Lady Boss Breakfast Virtually 11/10 @ 8:30 AM
- Dallas Bi-Monthly November Bible Study 11/11 @ 6:30 PM
- Austin – South Small Group 11/12 @ Noon
- Dallas Weekly Bible Study “Pauline Perspectives on Living Christ” 11/12 @ 12:30 PM
- Washington DC Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 11/14 @ 10:00 AM
- Philadelphia South Gathering 11/14 @ 10:00 AM
- Phoenix Community Outreach 11/14 @ 10:00 AM
- Austin NW Small Group 11/15 @ 6:00 PM
- Austin Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 11/17 @ 11:45 AM
- New York City Gathering 11/17 @ 7:00 PM
- Portland Fundraiser 11/17 @ 7:00 PM
- San Antonio “IN-PERSON” Luncheon 11/17 @ 11:45 AM
- Saratoga Springs 11/17 @ 8:00 PM Virtually
- Austin Cedar Park Gathering 11/18 @ 5:30 PM Virtually
- Charleston Friendsgiving Potluck 11/18 @ 6:30 PM
- Detroit Gathering 11/18 @ 5:30 PM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District 11/18 @ 7:30 AM
- Tulsa Luncheon 11/18 @ Noon
- Austin North Gathering 11/19 @ 11:45 AM
- Dallas Weekly Bible Study “Pauline Perspectives on Living Christ” 11/19 @ 12:30 PM
- Washington DC Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 11/21 @ 10:00 AM
- Chicago Virtual Work Love Pray 11/21 @ 9:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Lady Boss Breakfast 11/21 @ 10:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden 11/21 @ 10:00 AM
- Southlake Coffee & Yoga Pants Gathering 11/21 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Breakfast 11/21 @ 9:00 AM
- Charleston Virtual Fellowship 11/25 @ 8:30 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.