Your weekly roundup :: December 7 – 11
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Start 2021 off on the right foot: with a mentor! The 4word Mentor Program is now open for sign-ups. The deadline to join the winter class is Friday, Jan. 8, so be sure to sign up now before the rush of the holidays!
Allison Carey, direct response marketer at American Bible Society and Large Events Chair of 4word: Philadelphia, explains the importance of honoring traditions (especially in a pandemic holiday season) and the potential power those traditions could harness in creating a close community with those in your life.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Maria Minor with Forbes analyzes what awareness about self-promotion and providing support and mentoring opportunities to women could do to help women get noticed more.
Rachel Joy Welcher with Relevant Magazine urges men to stop looking at women as stumbling blocks and instead view them as the coheirs of the Kingdom of God that they are.
Dr. Anne Bradley with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics asks how do Christians reconcile the tangible effects of capitalism on a season marking one of the most impactful events of all history?
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Kathleen Cooke.
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Chicago Willow Creek Work Love Pray 12/12 @ 9:00 AM
- Philly South December Gathering 12/12 @ 10:00 AM
- DC Metro Christmas Social 12/12 @ 1:00 PM
- Austin Bee Cave Small Group 12/15 @ 11:45 PM
- New York City December Gathering 12/15 @ 7:00 PM
- San Antonio December Virtual Luncheon 12/15 @ 11:45 AM
- Saratoga Springs Virtual Gathering 12/15 @ 8:00 PM
- Austin Cedar Park Small Group 12/16 @ 5:30 PM
- Detroit Christmas Party 12/16 @ 5:30 PM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District 12/16 @ 7:30 AM
- Tulsa December Virtual Lunch 12/16 @ Noon
- Palm Beach County December Christmas Party 12/17 @ 6:00 PM
- Portland December Virtual Luncheon 12/17 @ Noon
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast Study 1`2/18 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Virtual Breakfast Gathering 12/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden 12/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Southlake Coffee & Yoga Pants Gathering 12/19 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa December Virtual Breakfast 12/19 @ 9:00 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.