Your weekly roundup :: January 18 – 22
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Brenda Bertrand, spiritual mentor and coach for high-achieving, world-changing women, walks through how she guides her coaching clients through the difficult exercise of planning ahead, especially after enduring a season of weariness and “hope fatigue.” (We’re looking at you, 2020.)
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Dawn F. Landry, author of ARMORED, joins the podcast to talk about how she was stretched and pressed into becoming a “care coach” for her husband through three major, life-threatening illnesses.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Colleen Ammerman and Boris Groysberg with the Harvard Business Review list out the benefits of gender equity in an organization and share examples of companies who have learned to value women.
Ann Swindell with Relevant Magazine shares what you can do if you’re in a job that doesn’t fuel your passions.
Dr. Andrew Spencer with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics reminds us that there is a place in a theology of work for understanding the importance of rest and recreation.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Brandi McDonald.
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
National Virtual Speaker Event
- “More Margin For What Matters To You” – Kristen Montigny, Hosted by Portland – January 23, 10 AM PST
- “Lighten Your Load – Being Mary in a Martha World” 1st in session – Hosted by Washington DC – January 23, 10 AM EST
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden MOVED to 1/23 @ 10 AM Virtually
- Oklahoma City Lady Boss Breakfast 1/23 @ 10:00 AM
- Nashville Virtual Gathering 1/25 @ 6:30 PM
- San Antonio Virtual Gathering 1/25 @ Noon NEW
- Houston Weekly Tuesday Bible Study 1/26 @ 7:30 AM
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up1/27 @ 8:30 AM NEW TIME
- DuPage Virtual Gathering 1/27 @ 5:30 PM
- Palm Beach Monthly Study 1/28 @ 7:00 PM
- Houston Weekly Tuesday Bible Study 2/2 @ 7:30 AM
- Dallas Monthly Fellowship Breakfast 2/4 @ 8:00 AM
- Seattle Monthly Gathering 2/4 @ 6:00 PM
- Charleston Luncheon 2/9 @ Noon
- Twin Cities Virtual Luncheon 2/10 @ Noon
- Austin South Virtual Small Group 2/11 @ Noon
- Palm Beach County Fellowship 2/11 @ 7:00 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.