Your weekly roundup :: March 8 – 12
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
4word is looking for interns!
The 4word Internship Program provides interns with an opportunity to explore their future career field while developing personally, spiritually, and professionally. While this is a volunteer internship, the position offers lots of value to the Christian woman who is an aspiring professional. Interns gain value through the following perks and benefits:
- Scholarship for the 4word Mentor Program ($399 value), where participants are paired with a professional woman in our formal 10-week program to kick-start their career, personal, and spiritual goals.
- A complimentary one-year 4word Membership.
- Real-world experience in a relevant career field.
- The opportunity to connect with professional women all over the country from various industries and backgrounds.
Heidi Rasmussen, co-founder and COO of freshbenies and Chair of the 4word Board of Directors, shares how she captures the rest and relaxation of traveling without leaving the safety and comfort of her community: staycations!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
During her corporate career at companies like JPMorgan Chase and PricewaterhouseCoopers, Johanna (José) Zeilstra learned first-hand the need for companies to provide true gender equality to their employees. Now, as CEO of Gender Fair, José talks about what her company is doing to move the timeline of gender equality in the workforce—and how you can help.
Our work, love, pray favorites
May Busch shares how she discovered her gift of speaking and learned to utilize her special skill.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates lists five common pieces of advice we all know or have been told that might actually be ruining your marriage.
Jen Pollock Michel writes for Christianity Today about why 40 days of self-denial might seem painful during a pandemic, but the habits of “tedious love” are just what we need right now.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Princella Nunez Stringer.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
National Virtual Speaker Events
- “The Art and Science of Influencing” next in series – Hosted by Washington DC – March 20 , 10 AM EST
- Passion “A Springboard to Thriving” — Hosted by Bay Area, Thursday 3/18 @ 5:30 PM PST
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Philly South Gathering 3/13 @ 10:00 AM
- Houston Tuesday’s Virtual Weekly Study 3/16 @ 7:30 AM
- San Antonio Luncheon 3/16 @ Noon
- Austin Bee Cave/Lakeway Gathering 3/16 @ Noon
- DuPage Virtual Meet Up 3/16 @ 6:00 PM
- Austin Cedar Park Virtual Gathering 3/17 @ 5:30 PM
- Detroit Virtual meeting 3/17 @ 5:30
- Philly Old City/Historic District Virtual Gathering 3/17 @ 7:30 AM
- Phoenix “A Dance with Destiny” Performance 3/18 @ 8:30 PM
- Austin North/Central Gathering 3/18 @ Noon
- Houston Virtual Book Study 3/18 @ 7:00 PM
- Portland Virtual Luncheon 3/18 @ Noon
- Colorado Springs Virtual Gathering 3/18 @ 6:30 PM
- Bay Area Passion “A Springboard to Thriving” 3/18 @ 5:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Book Study 3/18 @ 7:00 PM
- Dallas Monthly Virtual Breakfast 3/19 @ 8:00 AM
- Philly Fairmount/Spring Garden Virtual Gathering 3/20 @ 10:00 AM
- DC Small Group Jam Session #3 “The Art and Science of Influencing” 3/20 @ 10:00 AM
- Southlake Virtual Coffee & Yoga Pants 3/20 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Breakfast Group 3/20 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering Virtually 3/21 @ 6:00 PM
- Detroit Virtual Meeting 3/21 @ 5:30
- San Antonio Virtual Luncheon 3/22 @ Noon
- Nashville Gathering Virtually 3/22 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Gathering 3/23 @ 6:00 PM
- Houston Tuesday’s Virtual Weekly Study 3/23 @ 7:30 AM
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 3/24 @ 8:30 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon 3/24 @ Noon
- Palm Beach County Virtual Study 3/25 @ 7:00 PM
- Houston Virtual Book Study 3/25 @ 7:00 PM
- OKC Virtual Boss Lady Breakfast 3/27 @ 10:00 AM
- Houston Tuesday’s Virtual Weekly Study 3/30 @ 7:30 AM
- Austin Virtual Trivia Night 3/30 @ 5:30 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.