What If Women Don’t Come Back to the Workforce?
Your weekly roundup :: March 15 – 19
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
4word is looking for interns!
The 4word Internship Program provides interns with an opportunity to explore their future career field while developing personally, spiritually, and professionally. While this is a volunteer internship, the position offers lots of value to the Christian woman who is an aspiring professional. Interns gain value through the following perks and benefits:
- Scholarship for the 4word Mentor Program ($399 value), where participants are paired with a professional woman in our formal 10-week program to kick-start their career, personal, and spiritual goals.
- A complimentary one-year 4word Membership.
- Real-world experience in a relevant career field.
- The opportunity to connect with professional women all over the country from various industries and backgrounds.
What the Post-COVID Church Could Look Like
Nicole Martin, VP at American Bible Society, writes about the loss of communal worship and what churches might look like, post-COVID.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Listen to Season 3: Episode 6 now!
Diane Darling has ridden the wave of change becoming crisis many times in her life, and her desire is to see her story and experience comfort and embolden those who are living out life-altering experiences.
Our work, love, pray favorites
The COVID-19 gender gap: What happens if women don’t return to work?
Hope Reese with TechRepublic discusses some implications of the pandemic-driven work imbalance and what long-term consequences could look like, according to experts and historians.
Opposite Sex Friendships: Do I Have Too Many?
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates answers a listener question on her podcast about the “right” number of opposite sex friendships.
Christian Singles Aren’t Waiting for Marriage to Become Parents
Kara Bettis with Christianity Today shares ways the church can support unmarried men and women fostering and adopting.
Catch the latest Mentoring Monday show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Monica Escobar.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
National Virtual Speaker Events
- “The Art and Science of Influencing” next in series – Hosted by Washington DC – March 20 , 10 AM EST
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Dallas Monthly Virtual Breakfast 3/19 @ 8:00 AM
- Philly Fairmount/Spring Garden Virtual Gathering 3/20 @ 10:00 AM
- DC Small Group Jam Session #3 “The Art and Science of Influencing” 3/20 @ 10:00 AM
- Southlake Virtual Coffee & Yoga Pants 3/20 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Breakfast Group 3/20 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering Virtually 3/21 @ 6:00 PM
- Detroit Virtual Meeting 3/21 @ 5:30
- San Antonio Virtual Luncheon 3/22 @ Noon
- Nashville Gathering Virtually 3/22 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Gathering 3/23 @ 6:00 PM
- Houston Tuesday’s Virtual Weekly Study 3/23 @ 7:30 AM
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 3/24 @ 8:30 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon 3/24 @ Noon
- Palm Beach County Virtual Study 3/25 @ 7:00 PM
- Houston Virtual Book Study 3/25 @ 7:00 PM
- OKC Virtual Boss Lady Breakfast 3/27 @ 10:00 AM
- Houston Tuesday’s Virtual Weekly Study 3/30 @ 7:30 AM
- Austin Virtual Trivia Night 3/30 @ 5:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study 3/31 @ 7:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.