Your weekly roundup :: June 7 – 11
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
On June 24 at 7PM CST, join us for our next Candid Conversations webinar discussing unexpected pivots (we’ve all experienced some of those in the past few months, right?) and the emotional and mental impacts we may be facing. Moderator and clinical psychologist Dr. Shannan Crawford will lead the conversation. Click the button below to register!
Sandy Lamb, owner and CEO of Altitude Business Coaching and 4word Advisory Board Member, offers her advice for choosing collaboration over competition. She also talks about why there isn’t an age cutoff for learning to be an emotionally intelligent leader.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Alva P. Adams-Mason, executive with Toyota Motor North America and 4word Advisory Board member, discusses how she found ways to advance her faith while advancing her career.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Robin Pickering with the Spokane Journal discusses why pandemic pressures now threaten to reverse gains in female representation and what companies can do to combat this.
Lisa Selin Davis with The New York Times argues that the archetypal female who is both a career woman and a housewife — whose to-do list spans cooking, cleaning, parenting and earning a substantial paycheck — isn’t doing families any favors.
Shane Pruitt writes for Relevant Magazine and goes through a list of verses we all are likely guilty of misusing.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring La’Taunja Martin.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
National Virtual Speaker Events
- “The Power of Presence” next in series – Hosted by Washington DC – June 12 , 10 AM EST
- Candid Conversations: “From Reeling to Growing – Navigating the Mental and Emotional Impacts of Unexpected Pivots” – June 24 @ 7:00PM CST
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Philly South – Gathering 6/12 @ 10:00 AM
- San Antonio Luncheon 6/15 @ Noon
- Austin Cedar Park Small Group 6/16 @ 5:30 PM
- Detroit Virtual meeting 6/16 @ 5:30
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 6/16 @ 7:30 AM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District 6/16 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering 6/17 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Virtual Luncheon 6/17 @ 12:00 PM
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast 6/18 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden 6/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Southlake Coffee & Yoga Pants 6/19 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Breakfast Group 6/19 @ 9:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 6/23 @ 7:30 AM
- Tulsa Luncheon 6/23 @ Noon
- Chicago Wine in the Park 6/24 @ 6:00 PM
- Oklahoma City Gathering Virtual Boss Lady Breakfast 6/26 @ 10:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering 6/27 @ 6:00 PM
- Nashville Virtual Gathering 6/28 @ 6:30 PM
- San Antonio Virtual Luncheon 6/28 @ Noon
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 6/30 @ 8:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 6/30 @ 7:30 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.