Your weekly roundup :: July 26 – 30
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Allison Jernigan, owner of Ruby Rock Marketing and former Vice President of Business Development for Cinemark Theatres, opens up about how the pandemic gave her the push to make a major life change with her career and learn to face the discomfort of change.
Did you know our Monday blogs are available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Catherine Gates, the Executive Director for Women in the Marketplace, joins the podcast to discuss how she has developed her confidence over the span of her career and discusses her new book, The Confidence Cornerstone: A Woman’s Guide to Fearless Leadership.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Gabrielle Olya writes on Yahoo!Finance to share advice for women to break the glass ceiling and land in leadership positions — even in male-dominated industries.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates shares six pieces of wisdom she would share with her single self.
Craig Groeschel writes for Relevant Magazine and urges Christians to ask, “What if drawing closer to God, developing genuine intimacy with him, requires you to bear something that feels unbearable?”
On the latest episode of Game Changers with Molly Fletcher, Molly Fletcher interviews Olympic gymnast, Dominique Dawes, to hear about how she is helping to change the culture inside the sport she loves with the opening of the Dominique Dawes Gymnastics & Ninja Academy. Listen as they talk about finding your greater purpose and defining success in your own terms.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- DuPage Meet Up 7/31 @ 8:30 AM
- Austin Beat the Heat Social 8/3 @ 5:30 PM
- Dallas Fellowship Breakfast 8/5 @ 8:00 AM
- Seattle Gathering 8/5 @ 6:00 PM
- Charleston Luncheon 8/10 @ 11:30 AM
- Chicago Power Breakfast 8/10 @ 7:00 AM
- DuPage Virtual Meet Up 8/10 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study 8/11 @ 7:30 AM
- Austin – South Small Group 8/12 @ Noon
- Phoenix Happy Hour 8/12 @ 6:00 PM
- Philly South Gathering 8/14 @10:00 AM
- Southlake Coffee & Yoga Pants 8/14 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering 8/15 @ 6:00 PM
- Austin-Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 8/17 @ Noon
- San Antonio Luncheon 8/17 @ noon
- Houston Virtual Bible Study 8/18 @ 7:30 AM
- Philly Old City/Historic District 8/18 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering 8/19 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Luncheon 8/19 @ 12:00 PM
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast 8/20 @ 8:00 AM
- Philly Fairmount/Spring Garden 8/21 @ 10:00 AM
- Tulsa Breakfast Group 8/21 @ 9:00 AM
- OKC Boss Lady Breakfast 8/21 @ 10:00 AM
- Houston Gathering 8/24 @ 6:00 PM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study 8/25 @ 7:30 AM
- Charleston Coffee & Catch Up 8/25 @ 8:30 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon 8/25 @ Noon
- Dallas Breakfast in the City 8/27 @ 8:00 AM
- Nashville Gathering 8/30 @ 6:30 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.