Your weekly roundup :: July 12 – 16
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Executive coach Jill Perrin dives into the professional shift almost all women are facing in the post-pandemic workplace, and encourages all of us to go through the process of adjusting our mindsets about the current workforce into a “stepping forward” instead of seeing everything COVID upended as a “setback.”
Did you know our Monday blogs are available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Catherine Gates, the Executive Director for Women in the Marketplace, joins the podcast to discuss how she has developed her confidence over the span of her career and discusses her new book, The Confidence Cornerstone: A Woman’s Guide to Fearless Leadership.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Rani Molla writes for Vox about why, despite stress, depression, and overwork, women still want to work from home.
Debra Fileta with True Loves Dates has her friend Jamie Ivey on her podcast to discuss the “comparison trap,” and she and Jamie share their own journey with comparison and practical steps they’ve taken to overcome that trap.
Tyler Edwards writes for Relevant Magazine and shares some helpful ways to develop your leadership, no matter where you are called to lead.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Cynthia Nwaubani.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast 7/16 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden 7/17 @ 10:00 AM
- Tulsa Monthly Breakfast Group 7/17 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin-Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 7/20 @ Noon
- San Antonio Luncheon 7/20 @ Noon
- Austin Cedar Park Small Group 7/21 @ 5:30 PM
- Detroit Gathering 7/21 @ 5:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Bible Study 7/21 @ 7:30 AM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District 7/21 @ 7:30 AM
- NEW ** Dallas Breakfast in the City 7/23 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Gathering Virtual Boss Lady Breakfast 7/24 @ 10:00 AM
- Charleston IN PERSON Social 7/28 @ 5:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study 7/28 @ 7:30 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon 7/28 @ Noon
- Houston “IRL” Member Appreciation Social 7/29 @ 5:30 PM
- Austin Beat the Head Social 2 locations 8/3 @ 5:30 PM
- Dallas Fellowship Breakfast 8/5 @ 8:00 AM
- Seattle Gathering 8/5 @ 6:30 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.