Your weekly roundup :: October 4 – 8
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Robin Y. Greenlee, Acting Chief Risk Officer of MapleMark Bank in Dallas, TX, shares how community helped her understand her calling and offers four lessons she learned along the way.
Did you know we have Monday blogs available in Spanish and Mandarin?
On this episode, Marion Medina, 4word’s new Director of Programs, shares what she believes God’s role is for community in everyone’s lives. She also discusses how listening—really listening—to each other is the best way to build bridges in communities that might be experiencing some fractures.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Megan DiTrolio and Rachel Epstein with Marie Claire partnered with LinkedIn to offer a guide to navigating your career in a COVID-19 world.
Erin Vaughan writes for Flex Jobs with insight into how and why we should tap into our unique personalities to create the perfect workspace.
David Baggett with Christianity Today reviews For Shame, a new book by a Christian philosopher who pushes back on attempts to rid ourselves of this unloved emotion.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Kathleen Cooke.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Philadelphia South Gathering – 10/9 @ 10:00 AM
- Charleston Luncheon – 10/12 @ 11:30 AM
- Chicago Power Breakfast – 10/12 @ 7:00 AM
- DuPage Virtual Meet Up – 10/12 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Tuesday Bible Study – 10/12 @ 7:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Wednesday Bible Study – 10/13 @ 7:30 AM
- Austin South Small Group – 10/14 @ 1:00 PM
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast – 10/15 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden- 10/16 @ 10:00 AM
- Southlake Coffee & Yoga Pants – 10/16 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Breakfast Group – 10/16 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering – 10/17 @ 6:00 PM
- Houston Gathering – 10/19 @ 6:00 PM
- Houston Virtual Tuesday Bible Study – 10/19 @ 7:30 AM
- San Antonio Luncheon – 10/19 @ Noon
- Austin Cedar Park Small Group – 10/20 @ 5:30 PM
- Detroit Gathering – 10/20 @ 5:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Wednesday Bible Study – 10/20 @ 7:30 AM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District – 10/20 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering – 10/21 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Luncheon – 10/21 @ Noon
- Dallas Breakfast in the City – 10/22 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma Making Connections – 10/23 @ 10:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Tuesday Bible Study – 10/26 @ 7:30 AM
- Charleston Coffee & Catch Up – 10/27 @ 8:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Wednesday Bible Study – 10/27 @ 7:30 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon – 10/27 @ Noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.